• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bravo Sierra

Reaction score
Morning!

Well this morning was rather interesting in old Sydney town. The rain resembled a torrential Thai downpour (and then some).

On days such as these, ye olde galoshes are not enough to keep the water out from your favourite path beaters. So, what do you gents normally wear or what would you recommend? The Hunter rain boots or the $20 Bunnings specials?

Staying at home (err...working from) is valid though in person meetings kinda rule that out on days like today.

Do you have any suggestions?

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a long time since torrential rain was a problem for me in Melbourne. I usually have a pair of shoes that are not up to scratch for dress shoes, but still reasonably presentable. I have been using a pair of black Santoni wholecuts that I scratched the toes up on. The damage can be hidden but is still visible, so they are my bad weather beater shoes.

That said, I worry far more about getting my pants soaked than my shoes.

The J

Reaction score
Negotiable, want to get rid of this.
BNWT AMI Navy Unlined and unstructured Jacket Size 46
DSCF0953.jpg

P.S. I still have $695 Masons @ Flinders Ln store credit, willing to sell for $600.

Article 26

Reaction score
A call to melbournites: just bought a rather nice Belvest suit o/l and expect an expedited delivery for Wednesday, could someone recommend a competent alteration facility likely to have alterations ready by the cup?

Thanks!

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That depends on the complexity of the alterations needed. Essentially you're asking for a two-day turnaround, assuming you can get it in first thing Thursday. Based on my experience with him, I'd go to Sam for a quick but quality job.

da(g)dstyle

Reaction score
Thanks guys, so I'll package them and get a quote, I have 13 more days to decide. They are so close to fitting that I fear making a bad decision.

I didn't pay via PayPal, but will keep that in mind - I have a travel cc with no transfer fees which saves me a bit. I've gotten into the habit of using it, but END charged in AUD anyway, so bad call on my part.

Hopefully won't lose money on ebay https://goo.gl/rxwsbQ
You can put that card into PayPal to get the best of both worlds. You just have to make sure you go into the settings to fiddle with the conversion options so it charges in the original currency so you don't get slapped with PayPal's crappy conversion rate.

Article 26

Reaction score
That depends on the complexity of the alterations needed. Essentially you're asking for a two-day turnaround, assuming you can get it in first thing Thursday. Based on my experience with him, I'd go to Sam for a quick but quality job.
Sam’s, rings a bell. Where is he?

Thanks

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've recently started looking at instagram and just wondering...am I the only one who finds it incredibly frustrating when people don't put in any details, no useful hashtags or click info for their outfits?

Decreased

Reaction score
You can put that card into PayPal to get the best of both worlds. You just have to make sure you go into the settings to fiddle with the conversion options so it charges in the original currency so you don't get slapped with PayPal's crappy conversion rate.

Thanks mate, I added the card previously but got the PayPal rate, didn't know there was a conversion setting.

alanm

Reaction score
H
He was in Docklands when I used him but he's moved since. Hopefully someone else knows his new address.

Having just gone through this with a new RingJacket suit there are two Sams basically around the corner from each other - one at Sams Alterations and one at Master Alterations - I think the one at Master Alterations was across from the ANZ building in Docklands previously?

Sams Alterations isn't cheap - I didn't realise where 2nd Sam had gone though and took my suit to first Sam. Apparently Sam number 2 (Docklands) is still quite affordable? Happy with work and Service from Sam number 1 though, but will go and see Sam 2 next time as he did a good job previously in Docklands.

Elderidge

Reaction score
As mentioned earlier, I got a pair of Church's for sale.

Double Monk, Ebony Brown Size 8F. Worn once and realised they dont fit me. Had them topy-ied immediately on purchase (2mm thick, so balance is not affected). Comes in original box, shoe bags, information card.

$299 + shipping. Retails for over $600 and priced to sell. I work in the Brisbane conservative business dress, happy to meet up if that is preferred.

Pictures below, pm me for more. I'm having issues with photobucket.

DSC_0007%208.45.57%20am_zpsp44n6idu.jpg

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suggestions for Aussie spirits, whisky, rhum, etc.? I'm popping home for a few days and wouldn't mind taking back something for my booze cupboard. I have Husk rum and Belgrove rye in mind already (although the latter is quite pricy for something that young).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carwyn