• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got @LonerMatt 's Oz phone number?

And immediately after:
Anyone know who to call to report an online stalker?

Asking for a friend.

smile.gif

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to our next "meet up" buddy.

I'm glad to see you wearing a bowler hat because, as we know, they are a staple of contemporary men's fashion.

I am, however, disappointed that you are not wearing button boots, or at the very least balmoral boots with a pair of spats.

Bravo Sierra

Reaction score
To the horological fans,

I just recently popped into a tiny watch repair workshop in Darlington (on 287 Abercrombie Street) run by a Mr Greg Alexander. It's on my way to and from work for me and I've been trudging past there every day but never took the time to stop by and really investigate.

This is one of those shops that we all used to visit for all repairs and servicing back in the day, or at least in my day in Eastern Europe.

Greg is a great guy, knows his stuff and will happily service your wristwatch, wall clock etc. He even checked my Omega Seamaster on the spot to see how whether it is still within spec. Having only serviced it a year and a half ago, I was keen to hear what the verdict was. Luckily I passed with flying colours and he said I have a few years left yet before the next one.

Having chatted to him for a few minutes he indicated that it is getting harder and harder to service the big brand Swiss pieces as all of them are pushing for a return to manufacturer approach.
He is still capable of looking after older models (I have a Royce which I will definitely drop by his workshop) and the bigger timepieces that may be sitting on your desktop or standing in your hallways.

In any case, if you are city based and looking for that old school touch, please drop by.

A quick search on the Interwebs provided a piece on the ABC site and a forum review:

Watchuseek forum

ABC article

Enjoy and let me know whether you have worked with him. I will share my experience here as well.

Looking forward to the meet up on Tuesday! (It will be a VERY hot day though)

B.

Last edited:

ryanohare

Reaction score
3 people dead, several critically injured after some fucklord runs rampage through the centre of Melbourne in the last 2 hours.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

To the horological fans,

I just recently popped into a tiny watch repair workshop in Darlington (on 287 Abercrombie Street) run by a Mr Greg Alexander.  It's on my way to and from work for me and I've been trudging past there every day but never took the time to stop by and really investigate.

This is one of those shops that we all used to visit for all repairs and servicing back in the day, or at least in my day in Eastern Europe.

Greg is a great guy, knows his stuff and will happily service your wristwatch, wall clock etc.  He even checked my Omega Seamaster on the spot to see how whether it is still within spec.  Having only serviced it a year and a half ago, I was keen to hear what the verdict was.  Luckily I passed with flying colours and he said I have a few years left yet before the next one.

Having chatted to him for a few minutes he indicated that it is getting harder and harder to service the big brand Swiss pieces as all of them are pushing for a return to manufacturer approach.
He is still capable of looking after older models (I have a Royce which I will definitely drop by his workshop) and the bigger timepieces that may be sitting on your desktop or standing in your hallways.

In any case, if you are city based and looking for that old school touch, please drop by.

B.

Just like car dealers

Last edited:

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

3 people dead, several critically injured after some fucklord runs rampage through the centre of Melbourne in the last 2 hours.

Lunch hour too. Fuckwit. Calling people make sure they alright.

Top Cat dc

Reaction score
You cant be referring to Top Cat dry cleaner at 158/45 Eastlake parade. I have no recollection of multiple broken buttons on any garment, Top cat staff are trained to roll lapels, remove impression marks, cut loose threads and 2 creases on label would not have passed out stringent inspection at multiple stations throughout the store. If their was a problem Seb why wasn't this bought to our attention so it can be immediately rectified. Certainly in the past Top Cat has had fake reviews composed online to serve the users needs.

herringbonePete

Reaction score
Time for some more summer staples. I got some Uniqlo polos and chino shorts from the Emporium store before Christmas but they had sold out of my preferred Salmon (or pink) colour so I opted for the lighter blue.

I ordered more on line (which got to me at work the next day!) and its noticeable that the design on the shorts is different : a back button on the pocket online and none in store. Inside waistline band varies. Sizing and cut the same.

Could this be down to stock changing from year (season) or location? The sort of thing that both intrigues and maddens us aficionados....

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads