• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So gents... who's up for doing a casual meet and greet? Next week perhaps? Which evening works for you and feel free to make a suggestion for venue...

@coxsackie @Oli2012 @petepan @sliq @Geoffrey Firmin @lonermatt @bravo sierra @contango @nabilmust @alessandromo @cgo
@sebastian mcfox @Marbles @Prince of Paisley @ryanohare @md2010 @Decreased @wurger @OverlyBullish
I leave Sydney next Thursday 26th - which, by the way, is Australia Day. Are you guys sure that's a good day for a meet-up?

I'm free any evening before that.

Very, very reluctantly passed on a Canali suit today. Last day of their sale is tomorrow.

Happy for a catch up any days other than Australia day & Friday ( commitment with Mrs)
Maybe do a Tuesday 24th ?

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, who's up for Tuesday 24th - evening meet somewhere in Sydney conservative business dress or close by, say 6ish? Let's do this.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its Melbourne. Its hot. A word of warning. You can meet some dodgy characters on a train. Be careful kids.

Bravo Sierra

Reaction score
OK, who's up for Tuesday 24th - evening meet somewhere in Sydney conservative business dress or close by, say 6ish? Let's do this.

I am in for the 24th. City around 630

I'm in for the 24th. If the weather is like this let's do a cold beer or ten and let's not expect any sartorial inspiration in 36 degrees plus...just sayin that maybe MTO Havaianas have a place in the wardrobe...cough cough...

robbieshaw1992

Reaction score

Decreased

Reaction score

Are the shoe trees at DM any good?

https://www.doublemonk.com/shoe-care/shoe-trees/cedar-shoe-trees

I bought some Meermin and forgot they don't come with trees...

I have been getting the cheap eBay ones. They are cedar but sizing is funny. I ordered a UK10/43 (usually a uk9 everywhere else). They were too big, so I took the screw/Spring out, meaning the width could not stretch...not sure if this makes sense, but if you buy some you will see what I mean.

Recently bought some in a uk9/41-42 and these were much better. EDIT My shoe size is normally a uk9 or EU 43.

There are several sellers with prices from $26 - 30. $55 at double monk also seems ok given the lack of local options, their accessories aren't priced too bad, I won't comment on the shoe prices...other than to say it would be nice to be able to afford to be sized correctly locally instead of gambling online!

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So gents... who's up for doing a casual meet and greet? Next week perhaps? Which evening works for you and feel free to make a suggestion for venue...

OK so for Tuesday 24th we have myself, @md2010 , @Bravo Sierra , possibly @Master-Classter .

Apologies to @alessandromo and others for setting an inconvenient date.

Anyone else? Still paging...

@Oli2012 @petepan @lonermatt @contango @nabilmust @cgo
@Marbles @Prince of Paisley @ryanohare @Decreased @wurger @OverlyBullish

...and any other Sydneysiders or tourists.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads