• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then I dodged bail and skipped the country.

d4g6k11

Reaction score
Spent some time in Brisbane today. Picked up a shirt from a variety of retailers so I could get my sizing and see which I prefer. I now have shirts from Lewin, Bale, and Sherman. I still want to try a Brooks Brothers shirt too.
Tomorrow I'll look for a brown dress shoe. I'm thinking RM Williams or a Florshiem atm. Any recommendations or advice?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

d4g6k11

Reaction score
BTW @blahman I got the additional % off with the Bale shirt but there wasn't much left in my size to choose from.

Wowee Zowee

Reaction score

Spent some time in Brisbane today. Picked up a shirt from a variety of retailers so I could get my sizing and see which I prefer. I now have shirts from Lewin, Bale, and Sherman. I still want to try a Brooks Brothers shirt too.
Tomorrow I'll look for a brown dress shoe. I'm thinking RM Williams or a Florshiem atm. Any recommendations or advice?

RMW boots (not so much the shoes) are well made, but not worth retail. Search nungar trading or boots online. Whether they're suitable for a 'dress' occasion is debatable, and an individual choice. Many a PM have worn them with suit.

Florsheim won't get much love - cheap construction, sometimes overly aggressive style. Not recraftable.

If you're happy to try the online gamble of sizing have a look at Carlos Santos from the Skoak store for probably the best price/quality mix at the minute. Alternatively Meermin for a bit less $, or Carmina for a bit more $

Last edited:

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might also get lucky with Herring and Pediwear online in their sales section. Most of my shoes come from there for under 200 bucks. I'm too cheap to buy regular price.

d4g6k11

Reaction score
RMW boots (not so much the shoes) are well made, but not worth retail. Search nungar trading or boots online. Whether they're suitable for a 'dress' occasion is debatable, and an individual choice. Many a PM have worn them with suit.

Florsheim won't get much love - cheap construction, sometimes overly aggressive style. Not recraftable.

If you're happy to try the online gamble of sizing have a look at Carlos Santos from the Skoak store for probably the best price/quality mix at the minute. Alternatively Meermin for a bit less $, or Carmina for a bit more $
Florsheim avoided, Skoak bookmarked.

I rarely dress more formally than business casual so I think RMs will be suitable.

Thank you for the tips @Wowee Zowee and @blahman I appreciate it.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey@blahman - now we can get the band back together!
We have a full tank of gas, half a packet of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses... HIT IT!"

Let me know when you are next in Hong Kong. I've moved there for the foreseeable future.

And since when did I become a "pillar of the community"? All I ever do is talk crap and look at this thread.

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We need to be appreciating women in boots more, this is an important area of fashion I tell you

Tokyo in winter is a wonderful place, I can tell you.

It's a curious phenomenon - as the temperature goes down, hemlines rise and the knee-high boots come out of the wardrobe.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A happy new year to all in the Australian Members thread!

I had a lovely time last night, with about 20 guests, including nine children, piling on to our back deck to celebrate the end of 2016.

I was then woken at 8:00am today by my manic next door neighbour, cleaning his back deck with a very loud blower-vac.
censored.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics