• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ASpark

Reaction score

Anyone recommend some casual shoes to wear with jeans etc?

All sorted for work/formal shoes but short of loafers I have no casual shoes other than runners.

it's a bit of a cliché, but suede desert boots. I've got a pair of Clark's that I wear at most opportunities.

Decreased

Reaction score
Casual shoes nearly caused me to drop a lot of money during Black Friday.

I chickened out after buying 4 pairs already this year

I would say suede, with colours and styles to match what you wear casually. A suede derby is probably the only real shoe I would wear with shorts, otherwise sneakers or it is haha

Decreased

Reaction score
I'm new here, learnt a lot about footwear from lurking over a few months, but not much about clothes, especially for Aussie summers.

Wondering if anyone knows of decent RTW garments in Sydney, particularly trousers, crafted from tropical weight, hopsack, fresco, mohair etc... I'm on the road a fair bit for work compared to previous summers and feeling the heat more than I used too.

Up to 200 a pair is the budget, beyond that I'll be looking at MTM, which I gather starts at around 300 for anything decent?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Libertine Parfumerie is hosting their SYDNEY Warehouse Pop-Up SALE!
For 3 days only, save up to 75% on selected fragrances, testers, candles and body products.
Starting December 15th
–––––––
Thursday 15th December 4.00pm – 7.00pm
Friday 16th December 8.30am – 5.00pm
Saturday 17th December 9.00am – 1.00pm
–––––––

WHERE?
Libertine Sydney Warehouse
1-3 Taylor Street Darlinghurst SYDNEY

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$750 for the same pair of C&Js that Herringbone sell for $599?!

These guys want to rob local consumers. And when you buy from overseas they complain. I think people should return the favour by trying on shoes from there and order online.

Not sure I agree with this. DM are entitled to charge whatever they like. They're not forcing anyone to buy.

What they are doing is making a large selection of the world's best men's shoes available for immediate purchase in Melbourne and Sydney - along with an interesting range of accessories.

In doing so, they are hopefully contributing towards a raising in the overall standard of men's attire and grooming in Australia. Now, some would argue that Australia doesn't need this, that it's elitist and snobby and un-Australian, bla bla. But I doubt that many on this board would hold that view.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Double Monk just selling sh#t at inflated prices to people who don't mind. Nothing new about that and don't know why they need to be singled out when Henry Bucks, McLeods and Harrolds (among others) have been at it for much longer.

And yeah, all power to Herringbone for providing the same product at a lower price.

theowbert

Reaction score
Also, if I'm not mistaken Herringbone haven't been receiving them anymore as a result of a falling out about them including the shoes as part of their 40% and 50% off sales. Everytime I've been on their site and see if they have any shoes in my size they are always sold out. The sizes you can get are just the final ones they have left which are all extremely large sizes.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents , do you own an omega SMP? Got rid of an Oris aquis and a FC classic index via eBay. And a possible new piece in 2017. Any thoughts on SMP vs Blnr.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents , do you own an omega SMP? Got rid of an Oris aquis and a FC classic index via eBay. And a possible new piece in 2017. Any thoughts on SMP vs Blnr.

Do you mean a Speedmaster Pro? I have one, although it's the only high-end watch I have, so I can't really compare it to anything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads