• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off to Sydney for the weekend with Mrs GF New Order Sunday night, visit Biennale Birdland maybe see if I can get a pair of corduroy trousers and what is the radio saying all morning Rainageddon with over 100 ml per day predicted.:censored::cloud::brick:

Two weeks ago a friend was at Bondi swimming.:brick:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's just weather.

And New Order in sunshine isn't right.

Yes but it curtails certain activities and means wearing 'beaters' and overcoats for the rain and packing extra clothing.

Agree about the New Order comment so the Wagnerian weather is right for it.

Last edited:

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off to Sydney for the weekend with Mrs GF New Order Sunday night, visit Biennale Birdland maybe see if I can get a pair of corduroy trousers and what is the radio saying all morning Rainageddon with over 100 ml per day predicted.
censored.gif
cloud.gif
baldy[1].gif

Two weeks ago a friend was at Bondi swimming.
baldy[1].gif

Look on the bright side. Free carwash.

acinod

Reaction score
Raining everyday next week in Melbourne...

I probably need to get some rubber soled shoes for the office, any recommendations?

conqueror

Reaction score
i missed out on new order tickets, but the recent (small) kevin cummins exhibition at the opera house was a nice surprise.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stu Hunter is preforming The Migration next Friday night in Melbourne. Saw it at the Sydney Festival highly recommend.

Epicure

Reaction score

Just as a matter of courtesy to you and the others who have expressed interest (or are at least watching with interest):

I've not yet heard from Pawel just how many ties he has in mind before the aforementioned discount could kick in, or what the discount would actually be in terms of a dollar amount.

However, I'm sure he'll be in contact with me soon enough, and I'll be happy to pass on the info once I have it.

To update those interested, here's an excerpt from my most recent email from Pawel:

"Regarding the numbers of ties/ bow ties (2 bow ties is like 1 tie):

1. No Vat + free shipping = min. 12 ties.
2. No Vat + free shipping + 5 % discount = min. 15 ties
3. No Vat + free shipping + 10% discount = min. 20 ties

I can not go lower price, because, when I ship 12, 15 or 20 ties, for you is for free but it cost me about 24 zl ( 6 American dollars) per tie, which is about 10% cost of the tie. In other words, the real cost for me is:

1. No Vat + free shipping for 12 ties ( for you it is about 10% discount per tie)
2. No Vat + free shipping + 5 % discount for 15 ties (in real is 15% discount)
3. No Vat + free shipping + 10% discount for 20 ties (in real is 20% discount )

I think this is still very good deal for you. If someone wants order 1, 2 or even 3 ties, has to pay 150 zl (37,5 American dollars) for shipping. I hope that in the future, shipping rates will be lower."

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Off to Sydney for the weekend with Mrs GF New Order Sunday night, visit Biennale Birdland maybe see if I can get a pair of corduroy trousers and what is the radio saying all morning Rainageddon with over 100 ml per day predicted.:censored::cloud::brick:

Two weeks ago a friend was at Bondi swimming.:brick:

Text me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads