• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jimba

Reaction score
Hey All,
I'm also an Aussie.
I joined this forum as I thought it was time to time to update my wardrobe from the rivers and just jeans level I am currently wearing and now that I'm older (31) and have a proper job.

Were in Brisbane would I go to get good stuff and is used a good way to get high-quality stuff at affordable prices?
I am tall (6'4) and thin (60KG) so finding clothes can be tricky.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a source for good quality office-appropriate chinos?

I have a couple of pairs of Incotex bought on sale but their prices are getting ever more farcical. Even some old Herringbone made in Italy which must be 15 years old.

I tried Modern Classic’s house label (made by LBM) but they are quite skinny and bunch a bit in the crotch (elastane blend).

ideally something I can try on in a shop, but mail order with easy returns would work too.

Save Khaki United.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They fit me well, I sized one down. Modern Classic Shop stock them here so that helps.
Where I got mine. I’m a 36w but bought a 34w, vanity sizing.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are hardly expensive.

Will always advocate MTM @ Henry Bucks, about the only thing they are good at, presently. Chinos & Cords.
I was buying Bills M2P when the dollar was at parity. Can’t remember when they were taken over but I gave up on them now you’re looking at 300 then from 70 plus for postage don’t think that’s value for money. And there are better options with various Japanese brands.

eightace

Reaction score
Grail boots arrived - Christmas is saved!

Vass boots 1.jpg

Vass boots 2.jpg

Vass boots 4.jpg
Vass boots 5.jpg
Vass boots 6.jpg
Vass boots 7.jpg

Vass boots 9.jpg

Hurlazza4

Reaction score
Me too. I just bought these from Bodileys. They are their house brand made by Cheaney.

yours are beautiful. no doubt you will smile every time you put them on.
IMG_3229.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads