• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where else aside from NMWA and ASW can I pick up a dark brown tubo belt in size 90? These things are quite difficult to find..

ovlov

Reaction score
I'm about to go on a what is essentially q backpacking trip around the world. But I'm attending a wedding while away. Would it be particularly bad for my suit if I pack it in my bag with everything else and just have it pressed before the wedding and pressed again when I get back home?ie will the structure of the jacket be ruined by stuffing it in a backpack for a month?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm about to go on a what is essentially q backpacking trip around the world. But I'm attending a wedding while away. Would it be particularly bad for my suit if I pack it in my bag with everything else and just have it pressed before the wedding and pressed again when I get back home?ie will the structure of the jacket be ruined by stuffing it in a backpack for a month?

It'll be fine if you do that. I'd pack it in a protective garment bag to protect from the other stuff in your pack staining or tearing it just in case, but shipping is also an idea, especially given the extra weight.

JPK123

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing an unstructured jacket and would like some feedback on these two jackets.

I am not able to try on the Zegna Street jacket where I am, so can't do a direct comparison. I do however have a couple of Zegna Mila suits, so sizing won't be a problem.

On the face of it they look like a very similar offering. Would appreciate any thoughts on both?
Armholes, weight, durability, quality etc?

Have looked at the dover jacket from Boglioli, but I don't believe it is a canvassed jacket? It is also quite short and fashion forward. When spending this sort of money I'm looking for something with a bit more 'style longevity'.

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

At what point do you guys break out (at what date range or temperature level or weather conditions) the pastels and more vibrant colors, e.g., royal blue and powder blue sport coats, light beige, tan shoes and leathers?

If it's a bright sunny day, all those are fair game, as long as, of course, it's warm enough for you as well.

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No it's not me, I'm on pictures few posts before that (light beige suit), but I like fitment which shows physique, especially for those who workout. I'm not that fit, but my waist is about 8'' smaller than my chest, maybe even more so I hate boxy look if jacket doesn't fit right.

Boxy is bad, but so is too tight.

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got some shoes, they're 'brown' according to the box, but have a nice sort of oxblood/burgundy tinge to them (which is particularly accentuated in a few of the photos).
I've got a few Kiwi polishes (Mid Tan, Dark Tan, Neutral). Which colour would suit it best, or would you recommend a different colour. I dig the shade they are at the moment, but understand that it might change a little!

Neutral is always a good answer.

JPK123

Reaction score

Shoe question:

I am looking for a pair of loafers like this one from Brooks Brothers:

287H_BLACK

Couple of things:

1) According to Brooks Brothers description, they are made in England.  Does anyone here know which company makes these for BB?

2) These are bit out of my range ($498).  Does BB put these types of shoes on sale often?  Can anyone point me to an alternative shoe that is very similar in looks, but under $400?

Thanks in advance!!!

2. Try www.herringshoes.co.uk for a few options. Jack Erwin has a couple of options that are similar around $200 which represent good value.

JungleGeorge

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my wardrobe staples with some Kamakura white dress shirts. The 200 thread count twill shirts are not in stock. Other options ($79/US) are either 100% cotton or 100% Supima cotton. I know the difference between the two fabrics but which is better for a shirt? Thanks

blacktaro

Reaction score

What's your thought on this sweater? What should I pair it with? I was thinking of dark colored chinos (navy, olive, burgundy) and a light blue OCBD.

Many thanks,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads