• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It's been a while since I logged on here. Anyways, I'm looking for a tie and I remember there was this vendor who was maybe from New York (not Epaulet or Howard Yount). Sold very high quality ties for maybe around $100 to $120. I totally forgot the name of the vendor? Any help??

moi?

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the help in overcoming this annoying mental block. Now only to figure out what to do with all the burgundy shoes I've collected over the years
confused.gif

Wear them with everything other than a burgundy shirt? Or if you are are a 7/7.5, ship them to me in thanks for my help?

southbound35

Reaction score

Can this Boglioli SC be worn in the (hot) summer?

In the description it says tweed, but doesnt look fluffy or rigid at all.

Personally, I think it's a good-looking SC, but it definitely reads "fall/winter" to me. More to do with the color than the texture; I'd put that on the darker end of the mid-grey continuum. I generally prefer to wear lighter colors in the "(hot) summer". But, YMMV as I'm not a big black/grey guy. I'd be interested to hear what others think.

Reaction score
I'm looking for a luxury wallet that's made from nappa leather, does anyone know of any? The Louis Vuitton Chicago line was discontinued two years ago, but it's that kind of subtle and nice feeling leather wallet that I'm looking for.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Personally, I think it's a good-looking SC, but it definitely reads "fall/winter" to me. More to do with the color than the texture; I'd put that on the darker end of the mid-grey continuum. I generally prefer to wear lighter colors in the "(hot) summer". But, YMMV as I'm not a big black/grey guy. I'd be interested to hear what others think.

Agree with you. I just don't think there's a spring/summer weight tweed fabric. It's very counter-intuitive.

And the shade alone says fall, as you said. It does look nice but I think the original poster of it may be trying to force it to work.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where do the Loake Cannon monkstraps sit in their lineup? I think they're part of the 1880, which is like mid level goodyear welted, right? Similar to AE?

Additionally, how is their sizing? Their website charts list a 7.5 UK as an 8US. Is that accurate or is it really an 8.5US? Thanks!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kube38