• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I got this coat from my brother and I have no idea whatsoever what kind of shoes/boots I should pair it with (nothing formal/dressy). Could someone provide some example? Thanks! Pictures here (please disregard what I was wearing).

More a matter of the clothes you will be wearing underneath than the coat, per se. I'm going to take a flyer and say Doc Martens.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The fact that they are called "desert boots" might help inform his choice. That said, crepe soles are actually pretty long wearing and suede does better in the wet than most people think, particularly if you use a protectant spray. I wouldn't want to be trudging around in the snow in those, though, and they won't be particularly warm. Are they even lined?

Thanks.

Unfortunately the sales rep told him they are for the winter and that is how they are marketing them. I convinced him to look into a AE boot instead.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has he looked at Wolverine?

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah we did, but I think the profile of that boot is too big for what he wears. He choose the AE long branch, now he just wants to find it under 350.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Last edited:

cht7520

Reaction score
Hello all

I saw this coat and I really want to get one for myself. Trouble is as I saw it on TV, I have no idea what brand it is so I don't know where to start looking. Can someone please provide some information on this coat if they know anything?

Many thanks!

Chase H

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The fact that they are called "desert boots" might help inform his choice. That said, crepe soles are actually pretty long wearing and suede does better in the wet than most people think, particularly if you use a protectant spray. I wouldn't want to be trudging around in the snow in those, though, and they won't be particularly warm. Are they even lined?
The treated suede of desert boots does, anyway. I stepped in a creek accidentally with a Clark's desert boot, and it still looks the same as the other one.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Veridis

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'll be going to the University of Virginia in January for a student exchange program. I'm coming from a tropical country, so I have no experience with living with snow whatsoever.

I will be bringing a few pairs of leather soled shoes over. Is it advisable to topy/vibram them to avoid slipping all over the place?

pdxkyle

Reaction score
I know square shoes are a no no, but i am curious about these cole haans, they taper down to be skinny but they aren't rounded, they have a squareish finish at the end. Are these acceptable?

ohyoumad

Reaction score
I'm 6'3 170, and have tons of problems finding clothes that I like the fit/look of.

Why do some thermals/t shirts give me the appearance of man boobs, even though I have none? Not every shirt, just every now and then I'll try something on, and boom.

What kind of boxers are best for wearing under skinnier clothes? I recently picked up some Levis 508s (tapered) and I'm still always struggling with my boxer briefs rolling up on the leg and causing discomfort. And when I wear skinny chinos (not too skinny, they fit fine in the waist) some of them still show a dreaded outline even though there's plenty of loose fabric. I'm thinking I need something that keeps me held in better. Any help appreciated. I really think it's a problem with the underwear, since I'm having problems even when wearing 508s. Same problem with my APC NS.

Finally, in the levi's 508's I got, I tend to roll up the bottoms once for a nicer look. However, the jeans don't seem to want to stay rolled and 5 minutes later the small cuff I created in the pants has gotten bigger. Is this just due to cheap denim? Anything I can do to keep a cuff in place without pinrolling?

JBMarce21

Reaction score
I know square shoes are a no no, but i am curious about these cole haans, they taper down to be skinny but they aren't rounded, they have a squareish finish at the end. Are these acceptable?

Yes that shape is acceptable, but to be honest if you paid over $100 for those cole haan's they aren't worth it.

JBMarce21

Reaction score
I'm 6'3 170, and have tons of problems finding clothes that I like the fit/look of.
Why do some thermals/t shirts give me the appearance of man boobs, even though I have none? Not every shirt, just every now and then I'll try something on, and boom.
What kind of boxers are best for wearing under skinnier clothes? I recently picked up some Levis 508s (tapered) and I'm still always struggling with my boxer briefs rolling up on the leg and causing discomfort. And when I wear skinny chinos (not too skinny, they fit fine in the waist) some of them still show a dreaded outline even though there's plenty of loose fabric. I'm thinking I need something that keeps me held in better. Any help appreciated. I really think it's a problem with the underwear, since I'm having problems even when wearing 508s. Same problem with my APC NS.
Finally, in the levi's 508's I got, I tend to roll up the bottoms once for a nicer look. However, the jeans don't seem to want to stay rolled and 5 minutes later the small cuff I created in the pants has gotten bigger. Is this just due to cheap denim? Anything I can do to keep a cuff in place without pinrolling?
if it makes you look like you have man boobs, either be honest and do a few more push ups, (no shame bro) or just don't wear those brands. that's pretty self explanatory.

underwear under skinny clothes, if you don't want to go full briefs (who does) i would suggest the "trunks" style, it's a bit of a shorter leg and trimmer cut. I recently was turned onto "bottoms out" which you can get via amazon for about $6 a pair. can't go wrong there.

if you want the cuff to stay where it is, you can iron it there. not crazy but a little ironing will keep it in place.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads