• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Both out for me, but then I only own flat front chinos. Pleated would look a little weird without the shirt tucked in.

Depends on the pleats and on the polos. I have some with very shallow forward pleats where it makes almost no difference, and they look great with a shorter polo.

ichobi

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to successfully contact ROTM about their orders? The wait time is beyond frustrating not to mention the lack of communication.. I've sent a few emails enquiries but never get any reply. Don't know if the question fits here but seems like lots of SFers did order stuff from them.

nolanmjj

Reaction score
should i return these suits? is the fit too sloppy?

excuse the sloppiness of the tie and the lack of smoothing out hte jacket--debating whether to return or not, hence why the price tag is still on there. off the rack saks zegna cloth slim fit. are the shoulders too wide? please scrutizine as i know SF will be the most critical of eyes. i know the sleeves need to be shortened.

suit 1
DSC06301.png

DSC06304.png

suit 2 (colors do not appear that much different due to lighting. this is gray, previous is navy).
DSC06311.png

DSC06312.png

DSC06314.png

thanks!

Smore

Reaction score
I know the standard rule of thumb for what to wear to an interview is a conservative charcoal gray or navy blue suit, but what do you do if the one you have is old and ill fitting (got it when I was younger). I have a better fitting suit that I had tailored to fit me properly but it's in khaki. The position is just a low level management position, nothing fancy. So older ill fitting suit because it's gray, or better fitting suit even if its khaki? Thanks. Just as a side note I don't have the time or the means to purchase a new suit or have the old one tailored.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I know the standard rule of thumb for what to wear to an interview is a conservative charcoal gray or navy blue suit, but what do you do if the one you have is old and ill fitting (got it when I was younger). I have a better fitting suit that I had tailored to fit me properly but it's in khaki. The position is just a low level management position, nothing fancy. So older ill fitting suit because it's gray, or better fitting suit even if its khaki? Thanks. Just as a side note I don't have the time or the means to purchase a new suit or have the old one tailored.

How poorly fitting is the older suit? Khaki is rather informal, so unless the grey is quite bad looking, you'd probably be better off with it. Doesn't need to be up to SF standards, just "not horrible looking."

Sui iuris

Reaction score
Hi!
Just got this suit from suitsupply and turns out it looks like i borrowed it from my dad. Would you say that there's any possibility for a tailor to fix this one or should I return it?

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi!
Just got this suit from suitsupply and turns out it looks like i borrowed it from my dad. Would you say that there's any possibility for a tailor to fix this one or should I return it?

The sleeves can be easily altered, and the body can be brought in relatively easily, but it looks like the body of the jacket is also way too long, which can't be altered by a significant amount without throwing off the balance. I would say to just return it.

Sui iuris

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I thought. I think it needs to be about 3-4 inches shorter.
peepwall[1].gif

Damn suitsupply only got the short suits in sz 38.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The sleeves can be easily altered, and the body can be brought in relatively easily, but it looks like the body of the jacket is also way too long, which can't be altered by a significant amount without throwing off the balance. I would say to just return it.

Agreed.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi!

Return it.

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi!

It could be tailored but I think in some spots it would be weird after it's done, because it's really big. I think you should return it, why didn't you buy something in your size?

Essential

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I thought. I think it needs to be about 3-4 inches shorter.
peepwall[1].gif

Damn suitsupply only got the short suits in sz 38.

Did you buy it online? If there's a SS store near you, make sure you check them out.

I went to the Soho store in NYC and tried to get fit for a suit (don't know what size). The shoulders were a tad bit too big but the jacket length was good. I'm 5' 5" so I'm assuming that they handed me a short suit. I wasn't a 38 chest either so it was something less than 38S.

(This post sounds really weirdly worded but the main point is to check out the physical SS store.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads