• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thank you guys. Aren't G&G from the UK?

yes, i was just commenting on their shoes in general not the italian ones specifically.

Last edited:

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmm
i feel like i hardly ever see anyone talk about CANALI suits on SF...
what are some of your thoughts on Canali suits?
comparable in quality to other brands like RLBL and Zegna?

acedevil

Reaction score
I am a little confused between two colors. Brown and black.

Is it a definite no to mix them up?

I mean wouldn't this (http://www.pritchards.co.uk/polos-7/polo-ralph-lauren-brown-shirt-c0004-11326-1445_zoom.jpg) look good with black jeans? Or should I wear dark blue with it.

If wearing brown, we can still wear Black oxfords right?

Black leather jacket on brown polo (Like the above) or a brown shirt would look bad or good?

And lastly, Is it a no to wear black waist length jacket and black jeans with a blue or white colored shirt tucked in?

tafkaeken

Reaction score
I have question about T.M Lewin. I have a store pretty close by, do they do the same onlineprice in the IRL store?

cliche

Reaction score
hmm

I think Canali and Zegna is pretty mutch the same thing. It's more about how it fits you.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

hmm

i have one, and its great. superb quality imo. check the "style forum working hierarchical quality suit list" thread. you will see they are pretty well regarded around here. and what people would compare them to.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i have one, and its great. superb quality imo. check the "style forum working hierarchical quality suit list" thread. you will see they are pretty well regarded around here. and what people would compare them to.

The older stuff I have handled has shoulders that are too padded for my liking. They have some new stuff that is supposedly much softer in the shoulder and cut slimmer.

I quite like the fabric from the Canali stuff I have felt, but the shoulders were a deal breaker.

ichobi

Reaction score
Please help me decide which Chukka to go for.

Between
Loake 1880 £160

and Herring £155

Very similar shoes, good year welt, brown suede (one is a little darker), and both use rubber dainite sole which I think is nice for Winter.

My only concern is I can't recall who made Herring, probably Loake if I remember correctly? Anyone has experience with 1880 line? It's supposedly the best line they have to offer.
Thx!

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

hmm

Gdot has a ton of Canali stuff IIRC. Maybe shoot him a PM and see his thoughts? I had one jacket in high school. Thought it was teh ****. Looking back, not so much. Same padding/fit issues that Achilles_ outlined.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Very similar shoes, good year welt, brown suede (one is a little darker), and both use rubber dainite sole which I think is nice for Winter.
My only concern is I can't recall who made Herring, probably Loake if I remember correctly? Anyone has experience with 1880 line? It's supposedly the best line they have to offer.
Thx!

Last I heard Loake was manufacturing for Herring, don't know if that's still the case. Herring shoes are good quality, especially at that price point.

Although honestly I think I like the colour better on the Loake in the pics you posted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics