• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bateman87

Reaction score
Where do you guys recommend buying dress casual pants for a guy with rather skinny legs? I need black and khaki ones and they need to be versatile as they'll be my first real pairs so I'll be wearing them often for a while.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where do you guys recommend buying dress casual pants for a guy with rather skinny legs?  I need black and khaki ones and they need to be versatile as they'll be my first real pairs so I'll be wearing them often for a while.

You may be able to find some Brooks Brothers Milanos on B&S if you search diligently.

scudinferno

Reaction score

Where do you guys recommend buying dress casual pants for a guy with rather skinny legs?  I need black and khaki ones and they need to be versatile as they'll be my first real pairs so I'll be wearing them often for a while.

if you're a younger guy (like me) lands end will probably be your best bet based on price. Some people may scoff at that here but they make passable quality trousers for a good price. I purchased a pair of basic medium grey tropical weight wool trousers from them about a year ago and theyve been a great work horse for me.

Best of all they do make a tailored fit in a lot of styles. It may not be tailored enough for you but that's what the tailor is for.

I would recommend signing up for their mailing list and wait for one of their very frequent 30% off free ship sales and just order a bunch of stuff. They you can return by mail or at your local sears.

johnnylewis

Reaction score
Getting ready for a first pair of Allen Edmonds, looking at the Bayfield Boot for this winter. I've been researching the forum as best I can
to get an idea of sizing.

For a basis, I recently purchased a pair of the Red Wing Heritage Iron Ranger....the 10D's fit me perfect with a good wool sock.

Any suggestions for the AE Bayfield...I'm thinking a 9.5E or 10E? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know I need to hop to a retail spot eventually but doing this pair via ebay

johnnylewis

Reaction score
That's just where I think I might be in relation to red wings and from what I gathered from research...but, I'm a real newbie on this
The Red Wing Iron Ranger reference is the best I have and unsure how that size might translate to a bayfield

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone ever heard of a brand called "V" from Roma? I came across a Super 120s suit of theirs while thrifting. I tried a search, but, not surprisingly (since all I had to go on was "V" and "Roma"), couldn't find anything useful.

Thanks in advance.

Here's a pic:

Anyone tell me what this is? Feels half canvas.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My guess that's a diffusion line for somebody. The tag looks youthful. The maker likely has a name starting with a V. Valentino? Boh

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
hey MC, just a quick question regarding Edward Green shoes:

would a 7 1/2 UK in Edward Green fit someone who regularly wears a 6 UK in Paul Smith? Paul Smith shoes usually run a size big so I sized down one size. I need a pair of shoes for a specific formal event and I found the most beautiful Edward Green shoes.

edit: it is a 7 1/2 D on the 202 last.

Last edited:

Laser

Reaction score
The camel coat is definately very apropos right now, so if you try to stay trendy then you can't go wrong with camel. However, most of the camel coats that I've seen this season are single-breasted, not double breasted, so if you are trying to be right on-par with the trend then you might want to skip this ebay coat. If, on the other hand, you don't care THAT much about following current designers' whims regarding the number of buttons, then this looks like a good choice.

What is the price and label? It definitely has a vintage mien, so you'll stand out in a discerning crowd.

Label is St. Michael. Current auction price is 80 GBP. I've decided to pass though and search for a longer coat. Link to the auction in case anyone else wants it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXCELLENT...s=63&clkid=4650535529415335042#ht_3906wt_1037

ctk7

Reaction score
Good morning!

Does anyone know where I can find a scarf like this one in wool or cashmere?

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads