• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

firubi

Reaction score

Any idea of where to get one like this?

The pic is from the Pitti Uomo GQ shots taken in Florence (I think so).

May be it is bespoke but could be any of you know something about this SC (shooting jacket)

I have been looking for it but no luck, any clue about where to find one???

Thanks in advance

Hi to all, I am still looking for this jacket, any new idea of where to find it?

Thanks

EFBenson

Reaction score
does anyone know of an alterations tailor in London [with a shopfront, rather than via a tailor] who can sew excellent buttonholes, perhaps up to SR quality?

GeneralW

Reaction score
Hey guys I just notice this tear on my loafers, should I take these in to the cobbler immediately? Is it just a simple resole? Also should I have gotten a resole earlier based on how much wear there is now? Thanks!

red81

Reaction score
hey guys, i'm "security guarding it" (navy blazer, light blue shirt, gray trousers) this weekend. my additional options are:
a. walnut strands with belt, b. black park avenues with belt, c. black or burgundy tie.

what do you think?

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Don't do the Park Avenues. These are the quintessential business-formal suit shoe, and, IMO, don't look great with odd jackets. The burgundy tie should look fine.

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hey guys, i'm "security guarding it" (navy blazer, light blue shirt, gray trousers) this weekend.  my additional options are:
a. walnut strands with belt, b. black park avenues with belt, c. black or burgundy tie.

what do you think?

Don't do the Park Avenues. These are the quintessential business-formal suit shoe, and, IMO, don't look great with odd jackets. The burgundy tie should look fine.

I was thinking the same. Of what you posted, a summer weekend just screams for walnut strands and a tie with some color to it.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm asking this feeling like I already know the answer...

I picked up a RLBL navy linen blazer online in my usual size and sleeves need to be shortened a touch, shoulders fit well, but the chest is a bit snug and constricting. When I lift my arms outward, the lapels bow outward, etc.

Can that be altered by a good tailor or is it either too costly or too labor intensive and risking throwing off the balance of the jacket overall?

rudals1281

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm asking this feeling like I already know the answer...

I picked up a RLBL navy linen blazer online in my usual size and sleeves need to be shortened a touch, shoulders fit well, but the chest is a bit snug and constricting. When I lift my arms outward, the lapels bow outward, etc.

Can that be altered by a good tailor or is it either too costly or too labor intensive and risking throwing off the balance of the jacket overall?
I have 2 RLBL and believe that is one of the distinct features of RLBL suits. I think the cost will be a bit high to fix that. What size are you?

Last edited:

rudals1281

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
40R almost always - 40L once in a great while
RLBL is a bit weird. I also am 40R (only with RLBL) and because they're DROP 7, I had to have the pants tailored to 31/32. The jacket fit me perfect but it is a bit tight around the armpit area and so it would cause the shirt to bunch up there. I really suggest against going with the sports jacket. Will be some work that will cost $$$.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bout how much would you guess? I got it at a deep discount and if the results will be good I don't mind paying for it.

I have access to an excellent tailor who does bespoke work in my city.

I'll be bringing him the jacket but I can't until next week - that's the only reason I'm asking how much you think it could cost instead of just waiting for him to tell me.

rudals1281

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Bout how much would you guess? I got it at a deep discount and if the results will be good I don't mind paying for it.

I have access to an excellent tailor who does bespoke work in my city.

I'll be bringing him the jacket but I can't until next week - that's the only reason I'm asking how much you think it could cost instead of just waiting for him to tell me.
I think there is a TAILOR section in SF where they can give you better advice. Take a pic and see what they say. Hope the discount was very good.

theh00d

Reaction score
Looking for sizing advice in Charles Tyrwhitt Extra slim fit shirts
I'm 5'8 and 135-138lb for reference
XS in uniqlo slim fit oxford
What size would I be?

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them