• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

cidr

Reaction score
The PRL Custom Fit shirts in M fit me perfectly otr except the sleeves are about 1.5/2 inches too short (6'1). Anyone know of any alternatives?

sciphiyem

Reaction score
Anyone know of a suit similar to this one, but in the <$1K range?

Also an ID on similar shoes would be great too.

jcriswel

Reaction score

That *brioni coat up there looks like it's been altered shorter. Really awkward looking!

It has! Thanks for noticing. The label says the size is a Euro 52R. The length is 29" from BOC. In my experience, a Euro 52R has a length of 31" from BOC or more. That means the previous owner cut 2" off the bottom (a big alteration). The button stance and everything is thrown off when this is done. I agree. It looks awkward.

daxvex

Reaction score
Hello all:

I just purchased a custom made suit and when the final product came, I noticed a slight difference between the way the darts on the front end. On the left (first picture), the dart comes apart in a noticeable V, while the one on the right (2nd picture) finishes cleanly. Something that is not apparent because the photos are taken head-on with flash is that the one of the left also puffs up ever so slightly because there is loose fabric around the top. I mentioned this to the tailor and he said that it just requires ironing, but no matter how much pressing I do, it does not go away. This is my first custom suit and the first suit I've bought since college 10 years ago so I'm by no means an expert on this. My question is:

1. Is this a defect? Should I go back to the tailor to have him fix it?
2. What is involved in fixing something?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Last edited:

Apollotrader

Reaction score
Has anyone looked at the new mens shoes from Saks? They are made in Italy, look to be high quality and are priced at $300. The salesperson said their motivation was to produce an in house product that competes with Alden/AE but with more continental looks. It looks to me that they may well have done that. He did not know who was making them.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the general rule of thumb for how many inches of a shift cuffs should be showing below a blazer when standing with arms down?

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
.25 to .5

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads