• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Asian Rant

trevor5249

Reaction score
Ok so I have a big problem. My girlfriend's brother is a complete asshole. I don't know anyone worse than him. Not even in movies. He steals her stuff everyday and sometimes he even beats her up. He steals her money, her usb that contained important information on it, and even her school supplies. Usually, this happens in a lot of families but her family doesn't seem to care for the girl at all. Her parents are asian and they seem to only care about the boy. They totally spoiled him and gives whatever he wants to him but doesn't buy anything for the girl. They make her pay for everything and treats her unfairly. The parents always side with the boy and when my girlfriend tells her parents that she knows her brother stole her stuff they turn things around and say she lost it. Its really frustrating me and I don't know what to do.

aizan

Reaction score
that's called abuse, and you should call a social worker.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imhotep
date the brother instead. problem solved.

What a stupid a-hole.

Originally Posted by aizan
that's called abuse, and you should call a social worker.

This sounds like much better advice. One way or the other, something has to be changed. I'm hesistant to give spedific advice, that's always difficult from the outside, but what I definitely can tell you is: something's got to be changed.

imhotep

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sander
What a stupid a-hole.

joining a style forum for the sole reason of posting about a family problem? posts 1, join date nov2 -
laugh.gif
. perhaps i am the a-hole, but you're the stupid one for responding. so you are half right.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you are an asshole and a douchebag. who says people can only join to talk about clothes? most of us have things to rant about.

i don't think the problem is that they're asian. i'm asian and i don't know anybody like that.

i'm not sure how to encourage you, but jia you/gambatte/fighting!

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
you are an asshole and a douchebag. who says people can only join to talk about clothes? most of us have things to rant about. i don't think the problem is that they're asian. i'm asian and i don't know anybody like that. i'm not sure how to encourage you, but jia you/gambatte/fighting!
He's not an asshole; he's being snarky but making a valid point. To the OP: your situation is unfortunate and definitely needs to be addressed/resolved. However, a forum with men talking about clothes isn't the place for it, because we don't know your individual situation. Our prescriptions (overly general, randomly applied) could only make everything worse. My advice: talk to your own parents or somebody (older) that you trust... a teacher, priest, counselor, etc. and go from there. Look for advice before doing something legal (like social services/police/etc) that could escalate the matters beyond what you want. Trust people who KNOW you and your girlfriend; not interwebz armchair Psychotherapist/analysts (aka analrapists)

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guys, go easy on the OP. He sounds very young and is just doing his best to deal with a difficult situation.

Trevor, John has some excellent advice. Listen to him:

Originally Posted by rach2jlc
To the OP: your situation is unfortunate and definitely needs to be addressed/resolved. However, a forum with men talking about clothes isn't the place for it, because we don't know your individual situation. Our prescriptions (overly general, randomly applied) could only make everything worse.

My advice: talk to your own parents or somebody (older) that you trust... a teacher, priest, counselor, etc. and go from there. Look for advice before doing something legal (like social services/police/etc) that could escalate the matters beyond what you want.

Trust people who KNOW you and your girlfriend; not interwebz armchair Psychotherapist/analysts (aka analrapists)

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Troll, this exact topic has come up at least once before.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Real men kick the **** out of people who beat up and steal from their girlfriends, leaving them optimally with a limp as a reminder.

Lesser men, but still men of honor, find less confronational, but ultimately effective means of removing their girlfriends from the situation or alleviating the issue.

Honorless douchebags complain about it on the internet, and then get pissy at people who make fun of them.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
OP's probably a puppet, which is alright I guess. Have you tried talking to the brother?

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
My advice: talk to your own parents or somebody (older) that you trust... a teacher, priest, counselor, etc. and go from there. Look for advice before doing something legal (like social services/police/etc) that could escalate the matters beyond what you want.

Trust people who KNOW you and your girlfriend; not interwebz armchair Psychotherapist/analysts (aka analrapists)

Sound advice as always Prof. Fab. Getting a social worker involved is ridiculous.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads