• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
Is literally anyone else besides Hide-M stocking IE? Especially some LA/USA types? I got a bit burned last time I bought some trousers (just not into the fit/fabric) but sort of want to check into him again. Perfect black pants quest is always continuing.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I heard back from Erik

for now Hide M is the only stockist. he said he wants to grow very slowly and be exclusive as that was part of the issue the last go round. scaling the business too
quickly.

He also said a lot of the pieces are similar to older styles with some interesting tweaks and new fabrications.......I will say more later

fistinyoface

Reaction score
Are y'all actually excited about IE's return? The previous stuff was nice design and fabric wise, nothing special, and terribly constructed. The full lining was lousy, the sizing inconsistent in a terrible way, the fit awkward, and the buttons may as well have not been sewn on. It was essentially crappier LUC slim pants and slimmer fitting Harnden/CDGjackets in an "artisan", aka rough, fabric. And the price was ridiculous. Naturally, I fell for it at first. This time around we don't even have very interesting fabrics. Just cotton and linen. I'd wait it out to hear how it turned out this round. Or just buy a pair of LUC pants and a Patterson jacket if you don't want to gamble.

newp

Reaction score
I am very much happy with my IE coat and would absolutely love to add some pieces to my wardrobe. I am not an expert on coats but lab coat made me winter go-to while IE is my autumn-spring one.

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
Are y'all actually excited about IE's return? The previous stuff was nice design and fabric wise, nothing special, and terribly constructed. The full lining was lousy, the sizing inconsistent in a terrible way, the fit awkward, and the buttons may as well have not been sewn on. It was essentially crappier LUC slim pants and slimmer fitting Harnden/CDGjackets in an "artisan", aka rough, fabric. And the price was ridiculous. Naturally, I fell for it at first. This time around we don't even have very interesting fabrics. Just cotton and linen. I'd wait it out to hear how it turned out this round. Or just buy a pair of LUC pants and a Patterson jacket if you don't want to gamble.

IE is a pretty good comparison to LUC. However LUC's never made a jacket as cool as mine ;)

The brand's pricing doesn't seem too bad, about $500 for pants? If it was LUC sized, maybe there'd even be enough of a second-hand market for the brand to actually allow for people to experiment. I'd definitely buy more IE if I could.

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
Alright artisanal dudes, I need some help. Pants quest has beat me down.

One of my favorite pants at the moment are the Uniqlo EZY jeans. They have pretty much everything I want in pants for a semi-daily driver: black, slim, super stretchy, not denim, elastic waist, belt loops, and internal (NOT external!) draw strings. I'm pretty much looking for exactly the same, but artisanal and not Uniqlo... for reasons. Other pants in my rotation that have a good amount of comfy-wear but still look nice are

A) My Ansnam wool trousers with elastic sides

B) Stampd wool pants with a sweatband style waist

C) Devoa polyester gabardine easy pants

A only fails because I don't always want wool and since it's not a gabardine, it can be a tad rough depending on my mood.

B fails because of a lack of belt loops and because it looks good in a slightly dressier look or that sort of menswear-y vibe where you wear a carcoat, dressy pants, and sneakers

C fails because there's no stretch, no button in front, no belt loops, and an outer drawstring.

I'm willing to go with a less stretchy pant if there isn't really a waistband/it's not rigid like the Devoa stretch jersey jodhpurs which almost feels like a snap bracelet wrapped in stretch jersey.

Zam, Layer-0, and LUC are all on my short list but they seem to never use elastic (Zam used it last season, at least?). Happy to buy from smaller and weirder brands, too, of course.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
are IE pants that poorly constructed? am i going into the wormwood trap again? anyone have any insight? thanks :>

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads