• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do you guys know of any other light weight/ medium relaxed leather jackets which have a round neck type collar/ cut ? Kind of similar to a bomber Jacket but more crew neck style. Raglan or soft tailored shoulders. I think Zamb had something similar in his latest post.

View attachment 799737

Most leather jackets tend to fall around the wrist or above the hips.
this post actually gave us a lot of requests for leather jackets but we are not taking any custom orders for leather at the moment.
there will be several leather jacket styles available for the fall 2017 season but we will tell what is available soon

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not much going on in here. Anyway, got the LEB aviator distortion jacket. Can’t wait for temps to cool down and wear it. I know it's not for everyone given all the asymmetry and sometimes resulting to a weird fit but I find it as part of the appeal. I should also probably stop buying leather jackets... -_-

IMG_20170630_105213.jpg

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Not much going on in here. Anyway, got the LEB aviator distortion jacket. Can’t wait for temps to cool down and wear it. I know it's not for everyone given all the asymmetry and sometimes resulting to a weird fit but I find it as part of the appeal. I should also probably stop buying leather jackets... -_-

View attachment 805931
great pick up!
No one is doing what he is doing with leather now. I like the evolution of his concept and the quality of his work has gotten immensely better

newp

Reaction score
It's not only leather: tech-fabrics and just cotton-made items of Leon Emanuel Blanck are very unique.
I was impressed by the jewelry he has produced as well: chunky-looking, heavy yet very comfortable to wear.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He definitely has created an identity to his works with the use of non- traditional seams/patterns on a garment. If you see a piece with that kind of pattern, you can identify or at least guess it's his work. Even if it was not a LEB item, the association with his work is brought in mind. And I think that's an important aspect when you're creating your own label. It establishes a unique presence.

I was having a brief email conversation with Leon about his new collection. There are some pieces that have a symmetrical design but still use the non-traditional patterning. For him, that is the natural step or direction to his work.

AFAIK, the leathers don't have much special treatment to it other than hand oiling or the use of burned wood on the mustang horse leather. I do remember some comments that the leather pieces drape better on the body and look less awkward compared to the fabric pieces. I can't give any feedback to that since I don't own any of the fabric pieces.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a Paul Harnden breadmaker (the cover-all with the stupid back pocket) in a medium-weight wool/linen blend, black, dark gray, or navy. Size S or M, depending on the fit. Please hit me up with any leads!

fistinyoface

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they get it from the same mills. However Daisuke gets better fabrics imo. Amadei loves jersey though. Pretty much anything he's released has a damn jersey iteration.

Not to discredit Amadei. I'm currently in the grip of a m.a+ mania. Some of his patterns are the ****.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
they get their jerseys and a lot of other fabrics from the same supplier.
however its easier for Devoa being based in Japan as the supplier is also based there and as such its local
SFTM also buys fabric from the same suppler........
we did some small business with them once but didn't extend further because I hate to import anything.
this FW17 importing some fabric and the headache reminds me why I dont do it.......

Mojo1990

Reaction score
they get their jerseys and a lot of other fabrics from the same supplier.
however its easier for Devoa being based in Japan as the supplier is also based there and as such its local
SFTM also buys fabric from the same suppler........
we did some small business with them once but didn't extend further because I hate to import anything.
this FW17 importing some fabric and the headache reminds me why I dont do it.......

Zamb , how does Geoffrey's (GBS) fabric differ in quality with Japan?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads