• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nahneun, sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience, but one needs to acknowledge that in one-man production process occasional flaws are inevitable. Especially in the circumstances where the customer does not try the garment on during the manufacturing process. I think, you are sadly one of the few unlucky customers. I do trust that wormwood will resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Thank you for your warm wishes, Jbravo. Sorry, but I have more reason than not to distrust wormwood, and the reasons keep piling on. He has shown throughout this whole ordeal that he lacks integrity and has absolutely no professionalism. He has consistently made excuses and has told blatant lies. I mean seriously, a cossack fly? That's only the start of it. I could literally pull up a dozen more things from the entirety of the PM conversation I had with him. SMFH. Don't write checks you can't sign off on, wormwood.

Last edited:

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn -- fear the 3D dick squiggle fly. I am glad I was not an early adopter.

Jbravo, I think in this case expectations are set not by whatever challenges the manufacturer has chosen to take on (Solo startup vs apprenticing through the industry with the training/infrastructure it offers for dealing with bullshit of others -- is his choice).

Expectations are set by the amount of money the customer has paid. I think expecting that you get dick-squiggle-less pants when you drop a couple hundred bucks on a pair of pants is a reasonable one...

What it comes down to in the end is -- is nahneun a customer who deserves a quality product for his money? Or is he some kind of generous benefactor that's funding wormwood's hobby dabblings?

I suppose in how wormwood handles these situations is also what determines if he is a legitimate business or some kind of hobbyist con-man.

Last edited:

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Expectations are set by the amount of money the customer has paid. I think expecting that you get dick-squiggle-less pants when you drop a couple hundred bucks on a pair of pants is a reasonable one...

What it comes down to in the end is -- is nahneun a customer who deserves a quality product for his money? Or is he some kind of generous benefactor that's funding wormwood's hobby dabblings?

I fully agree with you on both points. No matter what the reasons behind the flaw(s) are, the issue should be resolved to the customer's satisfaction.

coolron

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in with my experience and 2 cents. I was extremely pleased with the pair of pants I picked up from wormwood. I ordered early December and received them in February. The pants were made exactly to the measurements provided. The fabric is a super nice ramie/linen canvas. I had no issues with the fly or pockets, the fly on mine is constructed pretty much the same way as my IE pants and the front pocket is large enough for my 5.5" Nexus 6P. Wormwood was great to work with and communicated throughout the process. The draw for me with Nama was MTM trousers offered in interesting fabrics. I've been meaning to take pictures but it kept slipping my mind, I'll take some this week if the sun decides to come out.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Damn -- fear the 3D dick squiggle fly. I am glad I was not an early adopter.

Jbravo, I think in this case expectations are set not by whatever challenges the manufacturer has chosen to take on (Solo startup vs apprenticing through the industry with the training/infrastructure it offers for dealing with bullshit of others -- is his choice).

I suppose in how wormwood handles these situations is also what determines if he is a legitimate business or some kind of hobbyist con-man.

I fully agree with you on both points. No matter what the reasons behind the flaw(s) are, the issue should be resolved to the customer's satisfaction.

Ok i've been reading and stood out of this for now but here it goes. If you accept money for a product you need to stand behind it. I understand one time something goes wrong, it happens. But even if that one time does happen you do your best to make your customer happy. One shouldn't wait until a second time or a forum blast.

At $500 it is ok to have high expectations.

wormwood

Reaction score
Damn -- fear the 3D dick squiggle fly.

I'm not Poell. that's his domain.

@nahneun as I said, we will sort it's out. I suppose it would be easier to provide you full refund plus extra for two shippings.

@AlexanderTG at least good to know that you're quite satisfied with second pair. I believe we will sort things out with lightweights too. as you've sent em to me by untrackable shipping, it was easier for me to pretend that I never received them, no? If I'm such a blatant bastard? other than telling you that I've make an alteration for fly (10 min work, really in all of cases) and new coating (48h)? Makes really no sense.

@arnoldpettibone I suppose you will receive the refund of some sorts too.

@coolron thanks for some positive here.

for the audience. I suppose when it's comes to mtm pants price was and still is fair. each pair with individual pattern requires around 30 hours of work. You could easily say that it's all because of luck of professionalism. Maybe. Maybe not. then, minus the cost of fabric and threads, I'm receiving roughly 14usd for each hour. Is it too much?

ok. I think I'm done for now. thank you for your effort.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

I'm not Poell. that's his domain.

@nahneun
 as I said, we will sort it's out. I suppose it would be easier to provide you full refund plus extra for two shippings. 

@AlexanderTG
 at least good to know that you're quite satisfied with second pair. I believe we will sort things out with lightweights too. as you've sent em to me by untrackable shipping, it was easier for me to pretend that I never received them, no? If I'm such a blatant bastard? other than telling you that I've make an alteration for fly (10 min work, really in all of cases) and new coating (48h)? Makes really no sense. 

@arnoldpettibone
 I suppose you will receive the refund of some sorts too. 

@coolron
 thanks for some positive here. 

for the audience. I suppose when it's comes to mtm pants price was and still is fair. each pair with individual pattern requires around 30 hours of work. You could easily say that it's all because of luck of professionalism. Maybe. Maybe not. then, minus the cost of fabric and threads, I'm receiving roughly 14usd for each hour. Is it too much?  

ok. I think I'm done for now. thank you for your effort. 

Are you seriously trying to rationalize selling defective goods simply because of your labor costs? And then trying to wave off the severity because it's a "10 minute fix"?

Do you really want me to pull out the rest of the lies and excuses you've told me and other people? I really like how you can suddenly refund me for everything despite, of course, my pants being sent out with 3 others to your LA contact back in April!

8H3e6Xs.png

Stop beating around the bush. Stop making excuses to bide for time. It's not a, "I suppose we'll sort this out". Sort it out. NOW. Make plans with each customer who has ANY sort of issue, because I know of at least four right now. Stop wasting EVERYONE'S time. Today is literally the one year mark since I received my first botched pair.

I'm glad to see your track record of stellar professionalism and integrity remains untarnished.

Edited to quote to keep you accountable

Also, you have the gall to say that you could have screwed over AlexTG if you wanted to because he sent his pants back to you without trackable shipping? That's your justification? Are you ******* serious? How much more unprofessional can you get? You are running a business here. None of your customers are here to be your friends. We have a purely business relationship.

Last edited:

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

as you've sent em to me by untrackable shipping, it was easier for me to pretend that I never received them, no? If I'm such a blatant bastard? other than telling you that I've make an alteration for fly (10 min work, really in all of cases) and new coating (48h)? Makes really no sense. 

So what you are saying is that you could have screwed me over and claimed you never received them if you wanted to but you are such an upstanding member of society that you chose not to? You never offered to pay for your own shipping service back (though you did comp me the $22 it cost for me to send to you).

People, beware. If you send your money you *may* end up with a nice pair of pants. Or you may end up in a bucket of lies, excuses and flat out bullshit. Or, if you're like me you'll end up with both. I guess things could be worse.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK. to totally change the topic - I am up in Seattle this week - any stores here worth checking out?

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

People, beware. If you send your money you *may* end up with a nice pair of pants. Or you may end up in a bucket of lies, excuses and flat out bullshit. Or, if you're like me you'll end up with both. I guess things could be worse.

But coolron had 1 good experience!!! That clearly outweighs all the others because his experience is 100x more meaningful than the rest of you all and you clearly are just being dicks to a man who is just trying to create and share his $500 dollar pants with the world!!!

The artists who sell pants in the domain that you price yours at @wormwood -- not all of them have gone through formal training, but all of them have made and thrown away countless pairs of pants before they arrive at the designs/patterns that they sell. That's a lot of materials as well as labor and they recoop some of it with their high prices when they finally do arrive at a product-worthy pair. Even Altieri didn't arrive at perfection with the first pair he ever constructed.

The human form is a mysterious, ever changing 3d beast that distorts and stresses with movement. Unless you are the chosen one it likely is pretty hard to arrive at something that can even withstand normal every day walking/sitting without a fair amount of trial/error.

To expect that any paying customer be okay and understanding with sub-par work means that you are financing your R&D through your customerbase which... well that's not my jam, like it apparently is coolron's.

Last edited:

dji0

Reaction score
OK. to totally change the topic - I am up in Seattle this week - any stores here worth checking out?
Seattle is good for artisanal beers, not so much for clothes. Totokaelo is worth a visit if you're around Capitol Hill, that's about it really.

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nothing much in the way of the brands discussed here. But Likelihood, Jack Straw, Baby & Co., Totokaelo and Blue Owl come to mind.
Walk around Ballard Ave if you have time. Lots to see and do there.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
X-post cuz Elephant looks neat
Albert (Collateral) just put this up for sale: Natural tone elephant. Pretty ridiculous. $2500. He's selling a couple of the Horween Horse movement jackets for $600 in the same thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads