• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arrow Moccasins

lawlercon

Reaction score
these last two posts just gave me the push i needed to get a pair of these. going to go with the tan leather boots.

thanks.

chris3

Reaction score
Those posts also gave me enough of a push to get the two eyed mocs with the crepe soles from Oi Polloi. The smell is very powerful at first and slightly sickening but it becomes strangely addictive and I find myself taking a sniff every time I walk past (bit wierd). These mocs are amazing and I am really pleased I finally got them.

bigbjorn

Reaction score
I got a pair of 9.5E boat mocs a week ago. Amazing! Have been wearing them during all non-working waking hours.

prurient

Reaction score
Tried these at Nepenthes this weekend. Looked and felt awesome, but wasn't familiar with the company and decided to do some research before dropping $220 in the store. Ended up ordering on their site and then writing them about getting an estimate for the same exact shoe they did for Nepenthes. They called me today and just asked for $130 (10 bucks more than the two tie moc they feature on their site). Really nice people. After finding this thread, I'm kinda tempted to call them and ask for crepe sole and tan or white leather... but I guess I'll just wait for my first pair. They said 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.

Najee D.

Reaction score
DSC_0777-1.jpg

We're gonna go ahead & give Arrow a try this year. Hopefully, the generally "straight-laced" Chicago consumer can get into them. I was beyond amazed with the quality and how great they were once they were broken in a bit. Given the weather and folks' heavy patronage of public transportation, we went with the crepe sole. Pretty beast, if I must say.

Rodders

Reaction score
Had my Arrow moccs around a year now. Still smelling like dead cow! Anyone have the same problem?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Najee D.
DSC_0777-1.jpg

We're gonna go ahead & give Arrow a try this year. Hopefully, the generally "straight-laced" Chicago consumer can get into them. I was beyond amazed with the quality and how great they were once they were broken in a bit. Given the weather and folks' heavy patronage of public transportation, we went with the crepe sole. Pretty beast, if I must say.

cool shop. are you planning on picking up any other mocs?

regarding the arrow's, from what i understand only the leather sole can be resoled? is that correct? do you know how long their crepe sole lasts?

prurient

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rodders
Had my Arrow moccs around a year now. Still smelling like dead cow! Anyone have the same problem?

I got mine (the x Nepenthes ones) the other day (took about 1 month for delivery) and the smell is indeed super intense. I have to keep them inside the box for now. It's kinda funny.

Najee D.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
cool shop. are you planning on picking up any other mocs?

regarding the arrow's, from what i understand only the leather sole can be resoled? is that correct? do you know how long their crepe sole lasts?

Thanks, man. We'll probably just pick up the lace boot for now. From what I hear, the crepe sole is built to last; sorry I can't tell you anything close to an exact life expectancy. Unfortunately, Arrow's crepe sole products can't be resoled...at least not by them.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
which is a shame,pretty much the only reason i havent bought a pair

Unfortunately, Arrow's crepe sole products can't be resoled...at least not by them.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks, man. We'll probably just pick up the lace boot for now. From what I hear, the crepe sole is built to last; sorry I can't tell you anything close to an exact life expectancy. Unfortunately, Arrow's crepe sole products can't be resoled...at least not by them.

thanks. let us know when you get them. ill take a pair.

Najee D.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
thanks. let us know when you get them. ill take a pair.

Well the pair in the photo is a size 9 (they're pretty TTS), and it's too small for anyone in the store (much to our chagrin). If you can fit them, I'll send em your way...for a small fee, of course.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads