• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Armani Collezioni vs. Emporio Armani

superfans124

Reaction score
this is the ultimate downfall of democratic internet forums, anonymously anyone can speak their opinion, you have the few einsteins and the mass of regular folks, wonderful in the beginning. but as it's more difficult to distinguish who's opinion is more valuable, say from very vaguely fashion topics to cut-throat academic subject, eventually the einsteins grow tired and realize there is no need and reason to argue and try to convince the mind of the mass, so they stop posting.
I'm not saying who's opinion is "superior", I'm just speaking of the subject, at least that's my experience with many of the ex-forums I used to visit, the good posters all seem to vanish at one point.

ranker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mild Mannered
+1,000,000 To each his own. Live and let live.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by TheWraith
No, it is an opinion, and please allow those to have theirs that differ with yours. End of story!
Ah yes, let the ignorant who happened to chance upon AC first rather than EA profess their irrational love for one line just because it happened to be what they purchased. You're free to have lunch with me in South Coast Plaza and discuss it with Armani's area director or even with the NA VP when he makes his bi-annual visits. I'd love to be there for the fact based discussion about the where the lines stand in relation to each other. Rather than accept the truth from the horses mouth (Armani himself), we have AC fanboys trying to reduce this discussion into a "tastes great" vs "less filling" debate.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
I see tons of AC in Filenes and discount stores, most of the stuff is defective, but I'm talking tons of suits, sweaters, pants, etc. Filene's has 4 round racks full of AC, only last season's stuff. I never see EA at those stores, maybe a shirt that has a stain once in a while.

Not to sidetrack this thread, but this gets me thinking about ralph lauren merchandise at the outlets.

They have tons of suits and sweaters at these woodbury or etc outlets and lot of them are rlpl, rlbl, made in italy polo, and not just regular polo and lauren items.

If only defective merchandise wind up at filenes, I'm wondering how this relates to rl. And in turn, the stuff we buy here that was picked from those outlets.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by superfans124
this is the ultimate downfall of democratic internet forums, anonymously anyone can speak their opinion, you have the few einsteins and the mass of regular folks, wonderful in the beginning. but as it's more difficult to distinguish who's opinion is more valuable, say from very vaguely fashion topics to cut-throat academic subject, eventually the einsteins grow tired and realize there is no need and reason to argue and try to convince the mind of the mass, so they stop posting.
I'm not saying who's opinion is "superior", I'm just speaking of the subject, at least that's my experience with many of the ex-forums I used to visit, the good posters all seem to vanish at one point.

Boohoo.
Amusing how you equate the stubborn collezione defender here as the 'einstein'.
Could it be, we speak the truth?

Why, you have a few remorseful collezione purchases you made you feel you need to defend?

superfans124

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
Boohoo.
Amusing how you equate the stubborn collezione defender here as the 'einstein'.
Could it be, we speak the truth?

Why, you have a few remorseful collezione purchases you made you feel you need to defend?

boooo you, my post is entirely neutural regarding the matter, I'm simply stating something I've experienced from years of bouncing between various discussion forums. if you must know, I have no particular love for either armani label, but maybe I shouldn't've said that just to mess with your head.
boxing[1].gif

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not saying I love EA because I own more of it or cannot afford a/c...because...

I own more AC clothing than EA, which was cheaper than EA clothing even full price (AC full price) actually, so my opinion is not based on jealousy. I wounder if we know the same GA VP?

oroy38

Reaction score
This has turned into an argument of preference. Some prefer the cuts and stylings of AC and others prefer EA. Let it be.

Reaction score
I own several suits from both labels, Emporio seems to be aimed at a younger market & consequently seem to have dated/show their age a bit more ( stuff like lapel width & trouser width are a bit more 'of the moment'). Georgio Armani Collezione, although costing significantly more initially, probably represent better value since won't look dated as quickly. Construction of both is OK. My preference is GAC as I aim for a restrained elegance/less fashion forward look.

ChrisLiu

Reaction score
Well...If you are a 48 year old man with a fairly average body type then you will look very out of place in a contemporary modern fitted EA suit. My vote is for EA, I like the way they cut their clothes, all in all it is not for the older crowd. Have you seen EA's new 2010 winter wear? Enough said, that is the style they use.

Then again I am only 22 and I exhert a lot of effort stay athletic, so naturally i want to wear modern/slim fit. Collezione makes fine suits also, but what is more important with these two lines is the image behind the labels. I just think Emporio suits the up and comming youngmoney trend better than GA, AC etc. and A|X ha...I would be caught dead in that store, come on people your no longer in high school riding the graphic tee and distressed jeans fad.

Dressed2the9s

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChrisLiu
Well...If you are a 48 year old man with a fairly average body type then you will look very out of place in a contemporary modern fitted EA suit. My vote is for EA, I like the way they cut their clothes, all in all it is not for the older crowd. Have you seen EA's new 2010 winter wear? Enough said, that is the style they use.

Then again I am only 22 and I exhert a lot of effort stay athletic, so naturally i want to wear modern/slim fit. Collezione makes fine suits also, but what is more important with these two lines is the image behind the labels. I just think Emporio suits the up and comming youngmoney trend better than GA, AC etc. and A|X ha...I would be caught dead in that store, come on people your no longer in high school riding the graphic tee and distressed jeans fad.

Well said.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads