• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread

John-Galt

Reaction score
I don't enjoy playing for pseudo Canada Goose jackets, especially for flashy patches.

Give up on the Diplomat. The one with the hood come out when I just started Highschool. If you do find one the wool will probably be pilled or smell of the guy before. Arc wool is nice but is very delicate

Dave2121

Reaction score
To each their own John.... I hadn't tried it and some people love them in reviews.

As for the Diplomat ~ I hear ya but I enjoy trying to find very rare items, I did see a new one on Craigslist last year but wasn't able to grab it. I'll prob. settle for last year's version though since it is so hard to find.

FaRKle

Reaction score
Has anybody here tried the new Cold WX line of gloves? I'm curious whether the Cold WX Contact glove offers much warmth at all or if you'd HAVE to step up to the Cold WX LT to get that.

Additionally, do Arcteryx gloves' touch screen capability seem natural (using the pad of your finger), or does it force you to use the tip of your finger like most gloves that have capacitive thread/material. I've been using Oakley gloves for a long time, and one of the big reasons why is because the palm and finger leather is inherently capacitive so it's easy and natural to use touch screens.

JayVancouver

Reaction score
did you ever get the monitor? how does it fit?

i just ordered the monitor down in M and can't wait to try it on.

bought a monitor down last year in medium. 5'6 180 built body. has alot of room. wore a suit under the jacket and still had room. since i am down to 170 and most likely 150 by nov, i plan on getting the node down in small which should fit perfect.

arcteryx is funny company. some mediums fit good, some fit big, and some fit very tight

i own a few arcteryx jackets and learned early on to try everything in store before buying.

eg.- my alpha sv in medium has so much room, i wear a base layer, sweater, and atom ar for snowboarding and it doesnt feel tight at all.

-while on the other end, i bought a cerium lt in medium and it fits like a small, almost a xs.ended up giving it to my parents. (my friend also bought one in small. 5'7 130lbs and it was way too tight).

-and then the atom ar fits true to size for a medium.

also plan on getting the isogon or align jacket so i will report back with the fit.

the veilance are on another level, even when compared to my alpha sv. love how they dont have any branding on the outside.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the Mionn IS blazer? I know I might have to size up but I've tried on the Blazer LT and it was fine TTS except slim at the waist. I like the Mionn design except it looks like too much like a button down when buttoned.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about moving my Veilance Haedn blazer, anyone interested?

I really like it, but I've moved away from the Tech style, so it's never worn and just been sitting in my wardrobe. Size large

Last edited:

WSW

Reaction score

Can anyone comment on the Mionn IS blazer? I know I might have to size up but I've tried on the Blazer LT and it was fine TTS except slim at the waist. I like the Mionn design except it looks like too much like a button down when buttoned. 

I currently have it in cocoa, size XL and previously had it in olive, size L. I discovered that the L was too slim for those with broad shoulders, so I sized up one.

It is a great jacket for the spring/fall. The insulation is very minimal in weight but punches above its weight, especially combined with the shell. I've worn it comfortably down to the 40s. I especially like the sleekness and minimalism of the jacket. It stands out in a good way.

John-Galt

Reaction score
Is 435USD on a used but looks new Field IS a good deal?

I've done dumb **** in my Veilance pieces and they still look good. Be careful as the jackets can look deceptively new. At 435USD you can probably find a Vancouver proxy for the warehouse outlet.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look insulated but it does have the thermo lining by the looks of it. It must be a winter version, but I haven't followed the line recently to know for sure.

I have this jacket from SS collection a couple of years back. Really versatile piece....

John-Galt

Reaction score
It's not the insulated version. Correct that it's the AW version and not the LT but it's a knit backer. Love the jacket but I'd stay away, the guy must have don't some serious **** to get streaks like that on the Pro shell.

aeymxq

Reaction score
to anyone who owns the partition jacket - i'm looking for a lightweight and packable shell. i find longer length to make more sense in a shell, and i also prefer how it looks.

but does it fold down and compress well? if you were to stuff it into a stuff sack, for example, and potentially keep it like that for extended periods of time, do you think that would damage / permanently wrinkle it?

santaclara

Reaction score
I was looking at getting the s/s monitor coat. I wear one size smaller than this Haven model in Engineered Garments. He is wearing a medium here in the monitor, so I was thinking of getting a small. I only worry about the sleeves being way too long since I am 5'7. Any thoughts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads