• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apartment/condo dwellers - how big is your pad and how many bedrooms do you have?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I work at a Mexican restaurant. I love Mexicans, although I think only one of them is actually Mexican. The rest are PR/Venezuela/Brasil. But whatever. They're all Mexicans to me. And I'm pinche gringo to them. It's a very healthy relationship. Recently they have taken to calling me "chuleta de cerdo loca" which basically means "the crazy porkchop." We have fun.

You need to stop re-reading Bourdain.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Kyle is a badass.

Originally Posted by Piobaire
That is indisputable.

If this wasn't in jest, it would be the nicest thing you two have ever said to me.

On second thought, I'll take whatever I can get.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3 BR 2,600 sf (?
confused.gif
)

Lucky7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by norcaltransplant
Have you looked at property taxes in Long Island or Northern NJ? 20k+ for $1m homes. At 5.5% for a 800k jumbo mortgage, the mortgage is 5-6k but the taxes are almost 2k... per month!!!!

NJ is pretty brutal in general. Must be why so many big timers live here.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1 BR, 700 sq. ft. Almost too much space for just me.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by videocrew
x5r40g.jpg

Moving here in August. 545 sqft.

I like this layout.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Murphy bed is a great invention. I'm surprised it isn't more popular than the futon.

videocrew

Reaction score
The Murphy bed looks surprisingly decent folded up:
2ce2onl.jpg

I'm thinking about some sort of counter-height table here to get some much needed prep space:
28itir7.jpg

Adding that, a couch, some sort of bookshelf against the curved wall and maybe a small coffee table and I've filled the place. I'm really excited about the ludicrously long and completely bare entrance hallway, gives me a reason to start printing and mounting some of my photos.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
750 square feet, 1 bedroom. A lot of wasted space by myself.
laugh.gif
1400 square feet, 2 bedroom + den, 2 1/2 bath condo. A lot (more) wasted space by myself. I divided it as such: Master bedroom: Sleeping ONLY (amazing how good a night's sleep you get without nothing else in a room) Second bedroom: Study Den: Home theater room with 7.1 Thinking of getting another condo on the west coast and splitting my months between coasts.

turboman808

Reaction score
1000 square ft 1 bedroom. I wanted to get a house but I think it's a really bad time to buy. Like it stocks, you want to ride it on the way up not on the way down. I also came to the conclusion that I want to help her open her daycare center before we buy a house.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1BR, Something around 550 sq ft by my calculation. Bathroom is like the smallest it can be and still meet code which helps the place feel bigger than its number (and all I do there is shower and poo...). Living/eating/kitchen are open and connected and form an L around the bedroom/bathroom (and the kitchen is quite large). It is a garden apartment which isn't fantastic but it ended up being nicer than any of the other places I looked at (and cost less since it was downstairs). I plan to stay for a while to save extra $$$

$795+electric(w/ e. heat), gas/water included. Unfortunately I moved in in January with a lease ending 8/31 (I asked for it since I don't EVER want to move on new years day again)...they want to raise rent to $845--thats almost 10% annualized with almost zero change in utility prices and 0.85% inflation of the period I lived there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads