• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone Live In Germany?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone lives near Loose Germany. I have a problem I need to address with a local.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You lookin' to hire Hanz und Franz to go pump (CLAP!) them up?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PM sent Here's the issue: I won this pair of shoes on ebay.de. The seller required a wire transfer as payment. So I wired the money to him at a cost of $25 US for a total cost to me of about $100, which I figured was a decent price to pay for the shoes. I had been corresponding with the seller Frank Marquardt via an online translation service as to the delay. I eventually called Deutsche Post (Post Office in Germany) twice trying to locate the package. My phone bill came & those 2 calls were $27. 7 weeks later I received the shoes, one size 12 & the other size 10. I took these pics & emailed the seller regarding a solution.
05-11-07_1138.jpg
05-11-07_1139.jpg
05-11-07_1140.jpg
I asked for an immediate refund, as I can not use the shoes & I provided pictures, as well as tracking information for the return shipment to him. After going back & forth over the course of a few days, & me leaving negative feedback, to warn others, the seller stated this: Wenn ich die Schuhe erhalten habe und feststelle, dass sie unterschiedliche Größen haben, bin ich bereit das Geld zurück zu erstatten. Which, translated says, "You send the shoes back to me & if I see they are different sizes, I will refund your money". I shipped the shoes back to him, insured with tracking & delivery confirmation at a cost of $26. The latest tracking result says delivery was attempted June 1st. So in total, I'm out $156 & the seller will not respond to email.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you near Loose? Anyway you can get me his phone number?

The address is:

Frank Marquardt
Aukamp 10
24366 Loose
Germany
email: [email protected]

I just want to be refunded for the purchase price & shipping.

40kaas-nl

Reaction score
You should contact the German eBay site. I once bought a small Cartier watch on the German eBay and never received the item. The German eBay site helped me to contact the Polizei and the "seller" was prosecuted. They take fraud seriously.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 40kaas-nl
You should contact the German eBay site. I once bought a small Cartier watch on the German eBay and never received the item. The German eBay site helped me to contact the Polizei and the "seller" was prosecuted. They take fraud seriously.
It sounds better than US eBay.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 40kaas-nl

Really? I will try this is the efforts of another member who is helping me fails.

Thanks!

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I painfully, tho effectively submitted an email to ebay in Germany, although I doubt they will do anything.

Brujo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have called the seller?

PLEASE, write a registered letter to him and set a time limit of 1 or 2 weeks to pay the money to you AND tell him that you'll write a Strafanzeige an die zuständige deutsche Polizei - or better: Staatsanwaltschaft - if he won't pay within the time limit.
It would be really good if you have a PayPal account to where he can pay because a money transfer to the United States is very expensive and the payment to PayPal is faster and cheaper for the seller.

If you want to write your letter in German don't hesitate to contact me.

Good luck! brujo

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not called the seller, I don't speak German.

I got a response from ebay in Germany but it was essentially the same email I got from ebay US, that they will investigate the seller, but can't let me know what action, if any, they will take against him. The recommended I report him to a fraud site, which is a dead end.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads