• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody dealt with member stilmacher? Confused as to what to do

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jangofett
Err, USPS shows the destination is to New Jersey?

He might be crap at geography...
laugh.gif

Tibo

Reaction score
Last update: shoes have arrived today. A beautiful item indeed. So that's a happy ending I guess...

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibo
Last update: shoes have arrived today. A beautiful item indeed. So that's a happy ending I guess...

You mean Stil blow you?
biggrin.gif

Anyhow, Stil probably paid extra for postage to ensure you get your JLP in time.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
I travel without a cell phone and/or laptop. When I am on holiday I am on holiday. Plenty of people with money, perhaps especially people with money like to get off the grid when they are on holiday.

Originally Posted by lasbar
Fully agree with that statement...

Switch off the mobile and no internet...

I concludeth Lasbar has money

Peter_Sellers.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I still think that the OP was in the right. If someone says that they will send out something on day X and then doesn't and doesn't answer and msgs, what is he supposed to think...EVEN if he is a solid seller. This is the seller's bad!

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
I still think that the OP was in the right. If someone says that they will send out something on day X and then doesn't and doesn't answer and msgs, what is he supposed to think...EVEN if he is a solid seller. This is the seller's bad!

You're wrong, and Thinkderm is right. The buyer got his shoes 16 days after first inquiring about them. There didn't need to be a thread about it. What I learned from this thread is that I'm still likely to do business with Stilmacher, and unlikely to want to do business with the OP and those that think this thread was a good idea.

Tibo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
now imagine if everyone made a thread bashing the seller when they didn't get their item immediately...
Originally Posted by Baron
You're wrong, and Thinkderm is right. The buyer got his shoes 16 days after first inquiring about them. There didn't need to be a thread about it. What I learned from this thread is that I'm still likely to do business with Stilmacher, and unlikely to want to do business with the OP and those that think this thread was a good idea.
Have you actually read what I wrote? This thread had nothing to do with how long I had to wait to get the shoes delivered. I started it because more than one week after making a $500 payment via PayPal, I had had no acknowledgement whatsoever from the seller that he received my payment and would ship the shoes, despite several private messages (reminder: the same seller was answering in a matter of minutes while I was exchanging PMs before the sale ). I don't think asking for acknowledgement for a $500 payment in less than 8 days is over the top, but you're free to think otherwise. However, a bit of critical sense (and reading skills) would be in order before being wrongly judgmental. EDIT: quote from the original post for clarity:
(...) That's when things got tricky. Since then, despite sending several PMs to Stilmacher, I haven't gotten him to answer anymore. He never acknowledged that he received the payment, and never confirmed when and if the shoes were shipped. (...)

fss

Reaction score
Tibo, as posted earlier, Stilmacher has the responsibility to communicate promptly and actually make sure you don't have to question the turn of events, period. If he isn't able to do so, he shouldn't sell goods online. You had every right to open this topic IMO.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron

plus one

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sounds like this entire thread can be boiled down to:

buyer thought seller used Styleforum PM system to communicate on a daily basis. Buyer was wrong, seller uses email.
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Tibo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
sounds like this entire thread can be boiled down to:

since seller answered to his PMs in almost real time when trying to sell his stuff, buyer thought seller used Styleforum PM system to communicate on a daily basis. Buyer was wrong, seller brutally stopped being online after selling the shoes and had someone else answering his emails on his behalf.
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

FTFY, but thanks for trying.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads