• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any other Edmontonians here?

Unregistered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gfreeman
I tried on the Player's Shoe and it fits great in a 9D... but I read that the Player's Shoe comes on the Executive Last (222) and not the #5 last, i.e. the Strand's last?

Is that so? I could have sworn that the guys at the shoe bank told me Players were on the 5 last! Either way, the executive is very close to the 5. My Van Ness are executive, I'm a 8E whereas I am in a 8D on the 5.

I hate the CUPW. Remind me to never vote NDP again.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, you could be right; this is just what I've discovered searching this forum and the interwebs.

Would pulling the trigger on a pair of 9D Strands be a good move? I'm sure if they don't fit like I want them too I can just send them back.,

Unregistered

Reaction score
I'd say so. Are you ordering brand new from AE or a pair of seconds?

The guy selling in B&S has great prices. His name is allaboutshoes.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm leaning toward brand new, but I'll take a look at allaboutshoes's stuff right now.

Also decided to go with walnut for the Strands. I really want the Player's Shoe in dark chocolate or navy now, too. Arrrrrgh.

Unregistered

Reaction score
His stuff is new, he gets them cheaper somehow! First quality, comes with the bags too.

I have 2 pairs of AE seconds and they are both terrific, with unnoticeable flaws. I got my fifth aves for $179 and van ness for $139.

I'm with you on the players. Really want them in navy!

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm definitely going to go through allaboutshoes. I'm going to send him a PM now.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walnut Strands.

The Player's Shoe is selling for $375 at Eddie's... WTF! They're $325 on the American website (which is $321.16CDN right now, and even with the ridiculous $45 international shipping that would be cheaper than buying them at Eddie's). I wonder what allaboutshoes could get them for; if he could get them for a sub-$300 price I would have to really really really convince myself not to order some.

Unregistered

Reaction score
He's quoted me $265 shipped
biggrin.gif

Mr. Sartorial

Reaction score
Hey guys, Quick shameless self-promo. I have some good stuff for sale and thought I'd make an effort to notify the locals here. Biggest steal getting no notice are the Armani pants. They're something: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=251548 I'll be quiet on here for the next little bit (besides selling), but I'll be back soon enough, and with plans for another night out.

Unregistered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
Thought so. Shame, really wanted to get my hands on some Aventus.

Anyway, fellow SF member is raiding my clothes and driving me to the airport in 3 hours
laugh.gif
After that, I'll be leaving Edmonton at 12pm and (most likely) will never come back. It's been a pretty great journey/experience, and Edmonton isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. There are some awesome places and it's more about the company than anything else, really. I was lucky to make some amazing friends.

Take care, those of you left

Somehow missed this post.

Sorry we only met recently, we did hit it off great and could have had a few more get togethers!

Take care in Malaysia and may you do great in all your endeavours!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads