• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any other Edmontonians here?

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, looking to get a pair of AE Strands, but trying to decide between the dark brown and walnut. And should I head down to Rosen (or whoever else carries AEs in Edmonton? any suggestions?) and give one of their AE models a try to nail my size before I pull the trigger?

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped by Kixs in Kingsway today. I actually rather liked how the store was set up. They stock Nudies, Vans, Supra, Naked & Famous, Alternative Apparel etc. Got two N&F shirts and almost bought a bunch of T-shirts from AA (so soft!) but decided against it.

Unregistered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gfreeman
I did; I got the job I was telling you gentlemen about at the meet-up a few weeks back. I start on the 20th. Should be interesting!

Congrats mate! Any idea what you're going to buy as your celebratory first paycheck purchase?
laugh.gif

As for your Strands, dark brown will of course be more versatile and useful in more situations. But the walnut is my favourite colour. Not sure if you remember from the meet up, but my Van Ness were in Chili, which is quite similar to my walnut Fifth Avenues when I put them side by side.

If you wanted to take a look at the walnut Fifth Aves, let me know.

As for trying them on, I'm not sure what last the Strands are on (5, I believe?). I don't believe Rosen has any shoes in stock in the 5 last, but I was at Eddie's on 104 today and they have the Players (I almost couldn't resist the blue suede ones). Try those on, as they are on the #5 last. They are however a derby, so an oxford would fit a little snugger on the vamp.

imschatz

Reaction score
Just an FYI .. was out at WEM yesterday, and High Grade was having a pretty decent sale. Grabbed a pair of the N&F Linen Denim jeans for $90.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's up with the Hober order? What sort of discount are we looking at? If there's no discount I'm ordering... or I might try to set up a Calgary group order.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
What's up with the Hober order? What sort of discount are we looking at? If there's no discount I'm ordering... or I might try to set up a Calgary group order.

I've ordered some swatches, but I'm not sure if anyone has inquired about possible discounts for group orders.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
Any suggestions for places that buy worn clothing?
BTW if anyone's interested in magazines/books, get in touch. Bringing the books to a 2nd hand store tomorrow but they won't accept magazines. Selling for $1 each, cheaper in bulk. I have GQ, Adbusters, Maxim, Photo World, Guitar World, Time etc etc

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
And I'm still hoping that Creed Aventus pops up by tonight
laugh.gif

Dude, me too; I think it's a lost cause for another week with this strike. PM me as you see fit.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Notreknip
Dude, me too; I think it's a lost cause for another week with this strike. PM me as you see fit.

Thought so. Shame, really wanted to get my hands on some Aventus.

Anyway, fellow SF member is raiding my clothes and driving me to the airport in 3 hours
laugh.gif
After that, I'll be leaving Edmonton at 12pm and (most likely) will never come back. It's been a pretty great journey/experience, and Edmonton isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. There are some awesome places and it's more about the company than anything else, really. I was lucky to make some amazing friends.

Take care, those of you left

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Congrats mate! Any idea what you're going to buy as your celebratory first paycheck purchase?
laugh.gif
As for your Strands, dark brown will of course be more versatile and useful in more situations. But the walnut is my favourite colour. Not sure if you remember from the meet up, but my Van Ness were in Chili, which is quite similar to my walnut Fifth Avenues when I put them side by side. If you wanted to take a look at the walnut Fifth Aves, let me know. As for trying them on, I'm not sure what last the Strands are on (5, I believe?). I don't believe Rosen has any shoes in stock in the 5 last, but I was at Eddie's on 104 today and they have the Players (I almost couldn't resist the blue suede ones). Try those on, as they are on the #5 last. They are however a derby, so an oxford would fit a little snugger on the vamp.

I tried on the Player's Shoe and it fits great in a 9D... but I read that the Player's Shoe comes on the Executive Last (222) and not the #5 last, i.e. the Strand's last?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donnavenne