• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any great compliments lately?

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cute teller at bank drive thru told me today that she liked my sunglasses (tortoise shell Wayfarers). Per the above post, I told her she had excellent taste and drove away in my crappy eleven year old Camry, alpha as ****.

E TF

Reaction score
I was walking the dog round the park recently, wearing a grey sports coat, tan cotton trousers and a pair of saddle shoes not dissimilar to those seen on vox in his recent post. As I passed a couple of black guys sitting on a bench, I overheard one say to the other "fly shoes." I think that's the first time I'd heard the word "fly" used in that context in earnest. Made me happy.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Had a girl at a party say how much she loved my horsebit loafers. +1

Then proceeded to ask me if they were Cole Haan. They are Gucci. -1

I guess I'm still breaking even.

gauche.story

Reaction score
Vintage Pendleton. "Ooh, that's a sexy shirt"

Polka dot tie. "That's such a fun tie."

Everything I say IRL. "You are so funny."

6stringsakc

Reaction score
Girl next to me in class a week or two ago, I was wearing a pair of vintage burgundy J&M crown aristocraft captoes: "I wasn't even paying attention, I was obsessed with your shoes the whole time"

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 6stringsakc
Girl next to me in class a week or two ago, I was wearing a pair of vintage burgundy J&M crown aristocraft captoes: "I wasn't even paying attention, I was obsessed with your shoes the whole time"

Question is - and you can ask PatrickBOOTH this - will she wait for you while you put trees back in your shoes and give a light coat of renevateur before teh sechs?

TRA8324

Reaction score
Today at work I was told that I looked like a young Robert Kennedy...not sure if it was a compliment or not. It was in reference to the white cotton/linen Milanos I was wearing.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing my new HUGO BAWSS shoes, I was told. Wow, you look like a model. You can just go into an agency and they'll hire you right away. This is from a stylish asian lady. She was chastising my a platonic lady friend about how she didn't notice them.

Another two ladies said that they are just amazing. wow.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Hugo boss makes the pantiez wet.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
random man on the street today told me he loved my blog.
10 min later a female friend of mine said i looked like a douche bag.

the universe balances everything out.

Fuckin non-internet people.

IronRock

Reaction score
Dude in the office yesterday told me I looked like a "CU Next Tuesday." I was wearing a navy suit, white shirt dark blue solid tie and my brand new carmina dub munx. He was wearing crappy suit trousers, shirt, no tie and some god-awful square toes training/dress shoes.

I took it as a huge compliment.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
random man on the street today told me he loved my blog. 10 min later a female friend of mine said i looked like a douche bag. the universe balances everything out.
A hot girl in Paris told me I was looking good and her boyfriend told me in the same breath I looked like a prick... Being a raving heterosexual , I took it as a compliment... My wife didn't....

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got laid because I rolled my trousers up. I'm not even joking, that is how the conversation started!

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
I got laid because I rolled my trousers up. I'm not even joking, that is how the conversation started!

Was he cute?
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads