• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Experience at Alan Flusser in NYC?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get to NYC several times a year. I try and get around to all the better men's stores but have never made it to Alan Flusser. Has anyone here ever ordered anything from his store? How was the experience? What did you like best about it? Is there much to see or is it all, MTM and custom?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least one member on the forum has clothing made by Flusser's crew, but haven't seen him on here much since he opened his wine shop!
smile.gif

I definitely think you should check out the store, if only for the experience and to buy a nice pocketsquare. I haven't been, because it's a little outside of the areas I frequent in the city-- but I'd like to! it would be really cool if you could sneak a few photos.

did you see his website?

http://www.alanflussercustom.com/

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are other members who have been to Flusser's shop and have clothes or accessories by him. There was quite a bit of discussion about Flusser after Dressing the Man came out.

A search should turn up several of the threads. Look for the older threads. You should also try a search over at ask andy.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Years ago when Flusser was at SFA I would stop by and chat him up (he's an affable guy) if I happened by the Men's department but I was never much of a customer (a tie or two and maybe a scarf). Since he's moved to his present digs I've visited just once and that was at the urging of his partner Mark who I would run into occasionally. He offers some RTW odds and ends (outerwear, ties, scarves, belts, socks, etc..) but it's mostly a custom operation. Stop by, they won't bite.
wink.gif

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've stopped by a couple of times and they have some nice interesting stuff and an amiable, low pressure staff.

A friend used their MTM service (made by Southwick) and was happy. They have a very particular house style so make sure you like that before you place an order.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have been to the store a few times with friends, though I never bought anything. It is probably one of the best haberdashers in NY in the sense that it has a very nice well edited selection of stuff. Everything looks to be very good quality and nicely chosen. A colleague used them regularly for his suits and they seemed to look pretty good on him. If you are a fussy, bespoke aficionado, you will not likely be satisfied with Flusser, but if you just want to look good, are willing to pay up for someone else to be in charge and you like his style, it's probably a decent choice.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
Years ago when Flusser was at SFA I would stop by and chat him up (he's an affable guy) if I happened by the Men's department but I was never much of a customer (a tie or two and maybe a scarf). Since he's moved to his present digs I've visited just once and that was at the urging of his partner Mark who I would run into occasionally. He offers some RTW odds and ends (outerwear, ties, scarves, belts, socks, etc..) but it's mostly a custom operation. Stop by, they won't bite.
wink.gif

I don't think that's quite the idiom you were searching for.
devil.gif

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have not been in this version of the Alan Flusser shop. If you are looking to have Mr. flusser hand pick some items, for you then I think you have the wrong idea.
Alan has great sense of style , just not very good business sense!

Carl

masterfred

Reaction score
If you have the scratch, it's a great store to load up on accessories. The last few times I've been, the selection doesn't seem to be as broad or unique as some of his other shops, but there are still some terrific items. Great socks, as Will mentioned.

EDIT: I clicked on Foxx's link to the Flusser site, which I haven't seen in a long while. I see they've introduced a more slimmed-down version of their silhouette, which looks pretty good. One of my main objections to Flusser's tailored clothing was the cut; I like the idea of his version of the drape suit more than the execution. Perhaps this newer look is a step in the right direction.

The socks shown on the "Furnishings" section of the site are great, too, but you'll pay for the pleasure - $80/pr.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was considering having a croc double ring belt MTO. He shows an amazing range of colors on the website. I also liked the brown velvet jacket he was showing on his sight until recently. I'm assuming all jackets are MTM or custom.

Besides accessories is anything else available OTR?

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
I don't think that's quite the idiom you were searching for.
How could you possibly know; dolt that you are.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
How could you possibly know; dolt that you are.
I guess I don't know if you were hitting on Flusser or not - just wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Did he take you up on the offer?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member