• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Californians in here?

oldSFer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I am Californian.
smiley-shocked016.gif

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shademore
Is Sonoma County still in California? Let's see...

Crappy roads... check
A preponderance of melanin enhanced individuals under 5'6" named Meeamigo... check
Fat, Lazy, Ineffectual government workers form East of 101 rocking their Graphic Tees on their way to Costco... dbl check

I could go on but lets not. No Californians here.

Yes, an abundance of Mexican workers is certainly bad in a state with so much farmland. I'm sure Sonoma, and CA in general, would be better off without them, just like Georgia.

shademore

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
Yes, an abundance of Mexican workers is certainly bad in a state with so much farmland. I'm sure Sonoma, and CA in general, would be better off without them, just like Georgia.

I can't speak for Georgia, but we have gotten well beyond happy singing farm workers tending the grapes.

The fact of the matter is that when you go 2.3 Mexican generations for every 1 white, black or Asian the social effect is overwhelming. Take the Construction Industry out of equation in California and you are left with an enormous under-unemployed class that contribute next to nothing to the GDP (other than tacos) while crushing public schools and social services. Billions of untaxed dollars flow across the border back to Mexico every year and what do we get in return other than tacos? Generation after generation of red vs blue machismo bullshit.

I've lived in California all my life son and I know we seen better days in this state.

DrMoBueno

Reaction score
So funny. Well, almost.

Way back when, times were tough, and Americans held it against the poor Irish pouring into New York.

Then the Irish assimilated, in fact became a major component of the power structure, times were tough, and Americans held it against the poor Italians pouring into New York.

Now the Italians have followed in the footsteps of the Irish, have fully assimilated. Times are tough, and Californians hold it against the poor Mexican immigrants.

A century ago, times were tough and San Franciscans held it against the poor Chinese flooding the city. Can anyone imagine SF without the Chinese nowadays?

Jesus ******* Christ.

Anyhow, put Shademore in 1930s Germany, and I think you see where his argument is heading.

For the record, lifelong San Francisco resident, and screen name be damned, I'm Italian.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads