• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

hmlarsson

Reaction score
How long has it taken from order to delivery when you been ordering MTOs?
I made an order on September 30th, and have not heard anything yet,

Elessar

Reaction score
Does anyone have the principes from the rtw section? Wondering how close they compare to G&G vintage rioja in color

I actually have the Principes 2, but not the G&G. I can share photos if you want to see the color in natural light.

// shameless product placement
My shoes are actually for sale as well; you can check my signature. They were much too small for me (just tried them once and could hardly get my feet inside). They're size 8E, btw.

EDIT. I just realized you wanted the comparison between the stock RTW Meccariello Principes color vs G&G's vintage rioja. Sorry, misunderstanding! Mine aren't in the stock colorway.

Last edited:

ArchieGoodwin

Reaction score
Guys,
I need your help! I'm getting married this year and I'm thinking of asking Meccariello to make the shoes for my wedding attire. Would you recommend him? It is not a formal wedding and the dress code is evening wear. Black patent leather Oxfords?

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,
I need your help! I'm getting married this year and I'm thinking of asking Meccariello to make the shoes for my wedding attire. Would you recommend him? It is not a formal wedding and the dress code is evening wear. Black patent leather Oxfords?
I haven't seen any patent leather from him, but other than that I don't see why not. Mine are extremely comfortable for long hours of traveling.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys,

I wouldn't risk them not being finished on time. Last thing you need to stress about

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not black wholecuts in normal leather? I think they look even better than patent leather, and are eminently more versatile AFTER the wedding.

bamboo

Reaction score
Why not black wholecuts in normal leather? I think they look even better than patent leather, and are eminently more versatile AFTER the wedding.

+1. You can ask the shoemaker to finish it with super mirror shine for the event. moreover, to me patent leather shoes should be very narrrowly welted to make it more elegant. I think I saw one by EG with cemented construction (which I think well serves its purpose). I am sure Antonio can make a narrow welt, but his default is more practical welt width and not so thin outer sole.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long has it taken from order to delivery when you been ordering MTOs?
I made an order on September 30th, and have not heard anything yet,

Guys,

Well, the waiting time for MTOs seems to be somewhere in excess of 3 to 4mths I think even for his Argentum welted stuff.
I have quite a number of pairs pending as well. Some of them for a similar duration since last Sept.
I think it is good that Antonio is very principled. He admits to having a small production capacity, and has a policy of stopping all orders for a particular style until sufficient backlog is cleared. You guys may have noticed the Centurion model has been taken off the site for awhile now.
This ensures that he doesn't over commit, and also shows that he probably wants to keep quality high.

But what I do think is that:
1) Antonio will deliver certainly.
2) You won't be disappointed when you get the shoes.

With regards to wedding shoes, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Antonio. At each of the ranges he offers, the value proposition is very high. Especially for his RTW range, he simply stands alone.
Even multiplying his price by 2, there is no RTW maker that comes remotely close. You could get the Legate model and polish it to a high shine.
If you are looking at his Aurum range shoes, I would think that the waiting time will be in excess of 6 months. So if time is of the essence, you might want to email him to see if things can be worked out.

ArchieGoodwin

Reaction score
Hi @ThunderMarch , the Legate look nice and it seems to me that Antonio's attention to detail is incredible. I'll visit his workshop next week with my brother and I'll upload as many pics as possible.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I am not sure if this would interest any of you...
You guys may have realised that Antonio has numerous designs available in his MTO section that he currently does not carry on his in-stock RTW section.
There is a price difference between the shoes made in the MTO section, and those in the RTW section, understandably, since these are individual MTOs.
I have been speaking with Antonio recently, and I would like to share with you, that he is open to adopting GMTOs as a means for us to share in the love at a lower price point.
I have not yet ironed out all the details, but the numbers needed would range from a minium of 6 to 7 pairs for a discount, with the maximum discount being reached at 12 pairs. Which is the same quantity he produces at each time, for his stock shoes.
The discount given will be on the shoe price only. Things like wider widths, and optional details like a rubber sole, or sole with toe taps, will be allowed. But the discount will not apply to these. Nor will it apply to shipping.
What will happen is that, if there is sufficient interests, he will create a web page and a discount code for the GMTO participants.
As of now, I have 6 interests in the Hastatus model, prossibly in his Annonay honey pig grain.
This GMTO will be initiated in April, as I have self imposed a shoe moratorium for March due to recent excessive buying of shoes. This moratorium will be lifted on April 1.

If this would appeal to any of you, or if there are any specific GMTO interests, do drop me a PM.
Cheers.

Last edited:

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys may have realised that Antonio has numerous designs available in his MTO section that he currently does not carry on his in-stock RTW section.
There is a price difference between the shoes made in the MTO section, and those in the RTW section, understandably, since these are individual MTOs.
I have been speaking with Antonio recently, and I would like to share with you, that he is open to adopting GMTOs as a means for us to share in the love at a lower price point.
I have not yet ironed out all the details, but the numbers needed would range from a minium of 6 to 7 pairs for a discount, with the maximum discount being reached at 12 pairs. Which is the same quantity he produces at each time, for his stock shoes.
The discount given will be on the shoe price only. Things like wider widths, and optional details like a rubber sole, or sole with toe taps, will be allowed. But the discount will not apply to these. Nor will it apply to shipping.
What will happen is that, if there is sufficient interests, he will create a web page and a discount code for the GMTO participants.
As of now, I have 6 interests in the Hastatus model, prossibly in his Annonay honey pig grain.
This GMTO will be initiated in April, as I have self imposed a shoe moratorium for March due to recent excessive buying of shoes. This moratorium will be lifted on April 1.

If this would appeal to any of you, or if there are any specific GMTO interests, do drop me a PM.
Cheers.

I generally welcome GMTOs. Question: I am waiting for my MTM (not MTO) Argentum handwelted pair. I'm not sure what he calls this now, I ordered it back before he offered RTW and there was only Argentum and Aurum. Would he be able to use my personal last for GMTOs, even if the construction might not be the same?

And alas, like you, my shoe buying has tapered off at the moment. Not buying any pairs in the foreseeable future, but I'm always looking out for interesting ideas.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cheers.

Great initiative TM. Any ballpark of discount for GMTO?

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would he be able to use my personal last for GMTOs, even if the construction might not be the same?

Thanks for your interest.

For all GMTOs, the last used, must be the same. So personal lasts used in previous MTM orders can't be used here. Variations can be made in terms of "minor details" like sole options / toe taps, and widths.

Any ballpark of discount for GMTO?

Thanks for your interest too.

Have had some questions on this as well. I will email Antonio to ask for some rough estimates, but it will be a range, depending on the number of pairs ordered (between 6 to 12 pairs). The more the pairs, the deeper the discount. I assume that at maximal discount, one can attain the price for his RTW, in-stock shoes (except for models that have a higher base price, like for example, the Decanus, Libritor, etc) ... but let me confirm this.

Last edited:

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Cheers.

I'm in depending on actual prices.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads