• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

shoes83

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. As I was comparing my shoes I found that the AMs are way more refined then the rest, bear in mind I don’t have any experience with GG or Paolo Scafora or EG and many other premium brands. I was just wondering what else via out there quick I can acquire in my tiny budget. Although I am quite tempted, love the GG Oxfords.
My advice would be to go for those that fit you better. Quality-wise rest assured that they are all good. Some may have more handiwork, others better finishing or design, but longer term you'll really care (and feel) the fit.

By all means, if it's something you like, spend the time getting smarter about the nuances and what makes each of them great shoes. It's fun (and likely will turn into an expensive hobby).

For those that are easier to try via a retailer (GG, EG and even PS albeit with more limited models), it's easier to make the assessment. Not perfect as a quick trial is not the same as longer-term ownership, but at least you have some input and can asses whether the starting point seems promising.

With AM it's a little harder. So do what you can (A B C measurements, communicate with them), and get one pair. Then wear that a number of times before buying another pair. When you decide to do so, you can provide AM with your feedback on the existing pair and you may get another recommendation they will put you further into the right path.

Enjoy the journey!

shoes83

Reaction score
Perfect day to get these out.

Attachments

• 20240122_111014.jpg
    20240122_111014.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 123

eightace

Reaction score
A bit of Meccariello Magic™ the other day:

PXL_20240107_005505291-EDIT.jpg

PXL_20240107_005243181.jpg

PXL_20240107_005623333.jpg

PXL_20240107_023950195.jpg

PXL_20240107_024914324.jpg

These are my first from AM, but definitely not my last. They turned exactly as I had envisioned, so I couldn't be happier.

I've been wearing them around the house to break them, they'll get their first outing in the coming days.

Attachments

• PXL_20240107_025429345.jpg
    PXL_20240107_025429345.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 229

WS19

Reaction score
Hi all, looking for some input on Chisel 4 sizing. I know it's a bit longer in the toe than Chisel 2, but should I still size up?

I can comfortably wear 10.5E in C&J 337, 341 and Carmina Rain. 10.5E in EG 82 last is ok but needs a lot of breaking in, I really wouldn't want to go any sleeker than that. Heel width isn't a problem, mine is quite narrow, and my instep is not high, but I need width across the ball of the foot and the big toe joint. Thinking I might need 11E in AM.

evo87

Reaction score
Question to other Meccariello fans. I was recently lucky enough to be able to get my hands on a pair and am very impressed with the craftmanship. The only place where I was a little let down is with a small finishing detail. I don't really have the shoe vocabulary to express this well, but it concerns the area around the foot enclosure, the part where the lining meets the upper (the edge?). It just looks a little rough around the edges with the lining appearing slightly "frayed/ragged" for lack of a better word. It looks like it was sewn together and then cut just a tad too roughly. Has anybody else has this experience? Am I obsessing over a completely irrelevant detail?

bmckendr

Reaction score
Question to other Meccariello fans. I was recently lucky enough to be able to get my hands on a pair and am very impressed with the craftmanship. The only place where I was a little let down is with a small finishing detail. I don't really have the shoe vocabulary to express this well, but it concerns the area around the foot enclosure, the part where the lining meets the upper (the edge?). It just looks a little rough around the edges with the lining appearing slightly "frayed/ragged" for lack of a better word. It looks like it was sewn together and then cut just a tad too roughly. Has anybody else has this experience? Am I obsessing over a completely irrelevant detail?
I’d suggest posting a picture to get more useful feedback.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Just accept it. It’s part of the allure of handmade. Fatto a Mano.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Back to serious mode: larger RTW brands tend to have better “finishing” detail, avoiding the roughness you mentioned.

AM focuses on very functional aspect of shoes - such as durability (thus the relatively thick leather soles) and robustness against the elements (I have fully soaked various pairs from him, dried them and they are back to full glory in no time).

The roughness at the opening of the shoe does not affect comfort or function, and is not normally noticed when you actually wear the shoes. Some brands have a special finishing touch applied to the opening - I have a pair of Berluti that have piped opening with soft leather - but that’s actually going to create a headache when abrasion of the original piping occurs, since there is no easy way to replace it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads