• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Transferwise doesn't work for Antonio.
You can do either direct bank transfer, or personally, I use WorldFirst.
WorldFirst works something like TW, but their rates aren't as good. There is also a minimum transaction amount, depending on where you are.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oustanding shoes. Truly.

But dude needs to crawl out of the stone age for payment options. Last time I walked into my bank and asked to do a wire transfer, they looked at me like I was crazy. Had to call some old lady from the back to deal with it. Not kidding. And that was years ago. And I'll never understand why wire transfers take DAYS to clear. I mean, do electrons travel extra SLOWLY in this medium? I'm accustomed to making my purchases in a matter of seconds and having them confirmed - at the outside - in a matter of minutes. Standing in line for a wire transfer feels like the equivalent of strapping a small scroll to the leg of a pigeon and flinging it aloft to flutter away. Quaint, but time-consuming, tedious and possibly smelly.

Please fix this.

/rant.

ecwy

Reaction score
I'm sure you can do wire transfers online easily nowadays via Internet Banking. Of course, whether you know how to fill up the required details yourself is another matter.

Wire transfers take days to clear because the banking system is not the same in USA and Europe. YOu need to convert USD -> EUR for which a clearing bank is required. You also need to check if the person sending and receiving money are on Sanction lists etc. It is really not as simple as you think.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I gave you the idea that I think wire transfers are simple, then I was communicating very poorly. I think they are ridiculously convoluted and time consuming. But once all the archaic ceremonies have been observed; the runes cast, and the funds sent, it still doesn't make much sense to me that it takes several days to register at the other end of the "wire".

bamboo

Reaction score
I did wire transfer. From Hong Kong it is quite straight forward. We can do it online banking, but finding Antonio's bank on the list was not that easy. He uses some small cooperative organization. I understand from/to US is quite different and wire transfer is not that common in US.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A taste of what's to come....

IMG-20170916-WA0007.jpg

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember doing my first wire transfer to Antonio. I did it though online banking. The IBAN number he gave couldn't be recognized by my bank. He said it was correct. I just ended up googling it some way and got it to work. Of course, once that was done, the information was already saved in my account. Still, the whole process was a hassle.

kwong

Reaction score
Well, managed to get to his workshop by his taxi contact, wasn't easy though. But time and effort well spent- nearly 2 hours there. When I arrived he was whatsapping ThunderMarch. Anyway had a good detailed discussion, got my feet measured for test shoes and an Argentum and got a pair of Decurion. So that's going to be 3 pairs in all. Nice to talk to him and learn.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^
That boot will be a stock item. So no need for a GMTO. It will likely satisfy numerous a boot fetishist. I'll be getting one for myself.

What does it mean that it will be a stock item? Does that mean it will be available on the website, or you can reach out and order it without a surcharge? I have been looking at the website ever other week and have not seen it show up yet. Thanks.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does it mean that it will be a stock item? Does that mean it will be available on the website, or you can reach out and order it without a surcharge? I have been looking at the website ever other week and have not seen it show up yet. Thanks.

Give Antonio some time. It'll be there. Limited hands and great quality means a bit of a longer wait, but a worthwhile one.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minhnguyen38