• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello GMTO Ideas

What colour would you like for this GMTO?

• Antiqued Grey

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Grey museum calf

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Chisel 2

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Soft Square

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Argentum Welted

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Handwelted

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Imperator, vintage leather dark brown or burgundy, undetermined last though think chisel 2 will work for majority

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yup let me get the notes, though I hasn't talk to AM for a while now, so will probably re hash the detail out. The 10 for free tree was not with the vintage leather originally, let me get go back to do a head count first

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so model

imperator
1622550837548.png

last: open
leather: vintage baby box (150 euro upcharge), either

1. dark brown

OR

2. burgundy/oxblood from the same tannery late 80 early 90s vintage baby box, he has very limited number of this, as in if enough people are interested he has to check if he has enough leather to make this (1 to 2 pair yes, beyond that he has to check)

headcount (given the variation, I'll just put everyone including maybe here)
@bernoulli -> newly added, needs to be chisel not round last
@Rylsa
@GeoffreyB
@shoes83
@cypi2 -> prefer oxblood, prefer not chisel 2 or mayfair
@Jmr928
@jischwar
@Betta (though I think you want on round last only right? think everyone else is kind open with some chisel only)
@evangel21 -> maybe
@deez shoes (don't think you were interested, but just confirming)
@WhyUEarly (think you're interested in Conicen instead, but just confirming)
@beargonefishing, sorry no quad material this time, but just in case...
@BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes , sorry, this is no Aurum, but hi it's Argentum handwelt...
@wklq76a, don't think you were on the AM thread too often, but I remember you were looking at the chinese handwelt option, well this is another one for you with different aesthetics (dressy tank)
@acapaca, wasn't really tracking, I couldn't remember if you were interested in this or the optio boot
@shirtingfantasy , don't think you're interested in this but hi you know guys in HK, so spread the words...?
@woofmang , don't think you're interested but just checking...
@Encore , think you need customized last (instep?), but hi just checking (and we all know AM can be somewhat flexible on that kind of stuff...)
@bsarosi, don't think you indicated interested but in case you need another AM...?
@JustPullHarder, sorry at least I'm just doing random blast out in case you're interested...
@DL120, think you're more on ACME lately, but maybe I can interest you with another AM (though you have customized last as well)?
@nishant , very sure you're more of a boot guy than shoe guy, but just see if you might be interested
@Zaos1, think you were interested in AM though remember you need lower instep option, not quite sure, so just checking
@AWu , sorry at this point I'm just tagging names I kind remember seeing on the AM thread lately...

most likely can't waive single MTO charge but free last tree instead (but that was pre-vintage leather, so need to check, but if we're far off on headcount then I want to be sure we're somewhat close before I propose something to him)

edit: feel free to tag more people...

Last edited:

evangel21

Reaction score
so model

imperator
View attachment 1618669

1. dark brown

OR

2. burgundy/oxblood from the same tannery late 80 early 90s vintage baby box, he has very limited number of this, as in if enough people are interested he has to check if he has enough leather to make this (1 to 2 pair yes, beyond that he has to check)

@Rylsa
@GeoffreyB
@shoes83
@cypi2
@Jmr928
@jischwar
@Betta (though I think you want on round last only right? think everyone else is kind open with some chisel only)
@evangel21 (thought you had some interest but I forgot)
@beargonefishing, sorry for quad material this time, but just in case...
@BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes , sorry, this is no Aurum, but hi it's Argentum handwelt...
@wklq76a, don't think you were on the AM thread too often, but I remember you were looking at the chinese handwelt option, well this is another one for you with different aesthetics (dressy tank)
@acapaca, wasn't really tracking, I couldn't remember if you were interested in this or the optio boot
@shirtingfantasy , don't think you're interested in this but hi you know guys in HK, so spread the words...?
@Encore , think you need customized last (instep?), but hi just checking (and we all know AM can be somewhat flexible on that kind of stuff...)
@bsarosi, don't think you indicated interested but in case you need another AM...?
@JustPullHarder, sorry at least I'm just doing random blast out in case you're interested...
@DL120, think you're more on ACME lately, but maybe I can interest you with another AM (though you have customized last as well)?
@nishant , very sure you're more of a boot guy than shoe guy, but just see if you might be interested
@Zaos1, think you were interested in AM though remember you need lower instep option, not quite sure, so just checking
@AWu , sorry at this point I'm just tagging names I kind remember seeing on the AM thread lately...

most likely can't waive single MTO charge but free last tree instead (but that was pre-vintage leather, so need to check, but if we're far off on headcount then I want to be sure we're somewhat close before I propose something to him)

@clee1982 you a mind reader?? I don't think I indicated an interest BUT I had been and still am thinking about it. Not sure if I need another pair of formal shoes, let alone an adelaide.

I'm on the fence for this one. For now.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so model

imperator
View attachment 1618669

1. dark brown

OR

@Rylsa
@GeoffreyB
@shoes83
@cypi2
@Jmr928
@jischwar

Looks great, but don't have a spot for it currently

Betta

Reaction score
so model

imperator
View attachment 1618669

1. dark brown

OR

@Rylsa
@GeoffreyB
@shoes83
@cypi2
@Jmr928
@jischwar

Soft square would work too :p But will follow thread!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@bernoulli
noted, added you to the lsit

and just to be clear when I say chisel I'm speaking generically (like Chisel 2 and Soft Square are both chisel) and when I say round I also mean round generically (so haskwsbill/Mayfair/Round)

cypi2

Reaction score
so model

imperator
View attachment 1618669

1. dark brown

OR

@bernoulli -> newly added, needs to be chisel not round last
@Rylsa
@GeoffreyB
@shoes83
@cypi2
@Jmr928
@jischwar
@evangel21 -> maybe
@beargonefishing, sorry no quad material this time, but just in case...

@clee1982, thank you much for this summary!

- Last: I am pretty open regarding the last (although I would prefer something else than chisel 2 or mayfair - I have quite a few pairs on these two lasts already).
- Color: I am in for the burgundy/oxblood.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got that. Hawsbill is an interesting last but I already have enough shoes with rounder toes.

Thanks for all your hard work on this.

@bernoulli
noted, added you to the lsit

and just to be clear when I say chisel I'm speaking generically (like Chisel 2 and Soft Square are both chisel) and when I say round I also mean round generically (so haskwsbill/Mayfair/Round)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads