• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Interview with B&Tailor

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
incontros email is blowing up right now. maybe it will get him to start posting again.

koolbear

Reaction score
They make some incredible stuff, there is a Blackwatch tartan jacket on their tumblr I really love, don't know if I would ever end up wearing it though, so would probably end up going for something at least a little more conservative.

I think that is from a Harrison's Cashmere book. I think the length of fabric alone is $2000AU. Ouch.

I am meeting with Incontro this weekend in Sydney to get a pant order started.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude is a steez machine.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why is it called B&Tailor? What does the B stand for?

Reminds me of:

twitter_icon_BN.gif

bn_ereader.jpg

and

MONOPOLY_1935-1936_Deed_BORAILROAD.JPG

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

They make some incredible stuff, there is a Blackwatch tartan jacket on their tumblr I really love, don't know if I would ever end up wearing it though, so would probably end up going for something at least a little more conservative.

That's the sort of jacket that would appeal to Ivy Leaguers as much as Italians. Nice look. I have Steven Hitchcock making something very much in that line-- we'll see how he does.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Getting ready for 2nd fitting. H&S wool-linen. Getting the chest patch pocket changed to regular. Unfortunately, this is the last of the fabric they had on hand--it was on promotion, hence Mrs. C sanctioning the purchase. So the pattern matching on the sleeve is a bit off.

As far as getting B&T to come to London (or NYC), 20 suits/jackets is the magic number. That's three trips, three days each.

Last edited:

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I was just about to comment in the WAYWRN thread how I'd liked to see a somewhat bolder windowpane on your jacket. Well, this should do the trick... Looks smashing! :slayer:

Sartorial Scum

Reaction score

Getting ready for 2nd fitting. H&S wool-linen. Getting the chest patch pocket changed to regular. Unfortunately, this is the last of the fabric they had on hand--it was on promotion, hence Mrs. C sanctioning the purchase. So the pattern matching on the sleeve is a bit off.

As far as getting B&T to come to London (or NYC), 20 suits/jackets is the magic number. That's three trips, three days each.
The pricing for their Australian trunk shows are mighty tempting. Do you know perchance how they structure payments? All up front?

Only asking as I am needing to pay for another suit I will be picking up just before June and wondering if I can squeeze one in with BnT

Also are you aware of what their pricing might be for a sports coat?

Thanks in advance for any insights you might have

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
For Australia: prices start from $1890AUD for sports coats, $2350AUD for 2pc suits and $250AUD for MTM shirts.

Taken from Incontro's tumblr.

jedwards

Reaction score

I think that is from a Harrison's Cashmere book.  I think the length of fabric alone is $2000AU.  Ouch.

I am meeting with Incontro this weekend in Sydney to get a pant order started.

Think it might be a kilting tartan?
(Which is normally just plain old lambswool and not cashmere as far as I know)

But I'm not a Scotsman, so don't take my word for that :D

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It may make sense to solicit down payments upfront on SF and see if you can hit that 20 minimum for NY and London.

At those prices, I can’t imagine there being much trouble locking in 20 orders.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This is the plan. If Fok is ok with it, that is. I'm not receiving any compensation outside of the immense satisfaction of being involved.

Anyway, if this is how things go down, I, or perhaps jedwards if Fok feels I'm too close to B&T, will start a thread sometime next werk. If they do go to the US and Europe, it'll be sometime in fall.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why don't you just have them sign up for a proper account and buy an affiliate thread? Unipair Guy can afford it :D

Would certainly be a welcome change from the Passagio Crawatte thread...

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
None of them speak enough English for that to really work. And this would be a one time deal for their first continental north american trip

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics