• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambrosi Napoli

JensenH

Reaction score

T4 and DWW's posts seemed to assert that.  There definitely is a conflict regarding that, whether the pants were remade or replaced and whether they were shipped or hand delivered.  I didn't see anything conclusive about that in the emails or texts Snikta posted.  So we just have contrasting posts from two sides, so far at least.  Is that not so?  

I thought that was a rhetorical question.  I have no idea or experience with NSM.  But I do have experience with delays and exaggerations from others.  So when SA told me "two weeks" I knew that he didn't mean two weeks.

OK.  Here are a few:

So publicly insulting Foo by Salva on Styfo is acceptable because it is a cultural thing? Yes, this question and others are rhetorical. But why wouldn't you answer them?

I suggest you re-read my posts that you mentioned because you obviously did not comprehend them.

The first was my succinct way of interpreting what Foo's numerous posts about bespoke items made by Paone (former head tailor of Rubinacci) will be inferior to those made by Rubinacci. The second part was about Manton's outburst that was completely unrelated to the topic subject. How is that critical of Rubinacci, or of Paone?

The second was so self-evidential that should need no explanation. When a senior member wears a bespoke item with a less than flattering fit from a well-loved tailor, some may ooh and aah over it because of the status of the senior member or the darling status of the tailor. But I call it as I see it. If you look at the fit on that photo, can you in good conscience say it was a beautiful fit?

The third was my snarky post -- which you had deleted -- about a senior member's general grumpy behavior. It had absolutely nothing to do with Rubinacci or Ambrosi. I seriously wonder why you would even include it.

If these 3 posts are all you have as evidence of my "piling on", you will have to do better.

Last edited:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Non paying" means he didn't pay anything. Not paying the full balance means he didn't pay everything. Do you see the difference? I said he did the latter, not the former. So, no, I was not trying to say Snikta was totally at fault, just to give him props for admitting something difficult.

I think you have some other facts regarding the payment and ability to pay confused too.

Either way, it certainly seems as though both SA and Snikta could have done better in this. But all we have to go on are internet posts, so I see no real cause make any real judgments.

For the second time, your diction showed a strong negative preconception that Snitka is at fault and your encouragement is akin to judges praising defendant for pleading guilty.

admit

VERB
  1. confess to be true or to be the case, typically with reluctance:
    "the office finally admitted that several prisoners had been injured"
    synonyms: confess · acknowledge · own · concede · grant · accept · allow ·
    More
Powered by OxfordDictionaries ·
00a9.png
Oxford University Press

Go ahead, whip on Snitka for passively sharing his experience with SA and disclosing his fault for not receiving his trousers. Detailed recollection of events be damned here.

Also, aside from 1) should not be machine washing his pants and 2) bringing enough hard cold cash to pay deposits, how can he have done better? Letting SA go after paying in full for two pairs of pants and getting excommunicated by him?

emptym

Reaction score
So publicly insulting Foo by Salva on Styfo is acceptable because it is a cultural thing? Yes, this question and others are rhetorical. But why wouldn't you answer them?
Oh, that question. I did answer that. I said, "No, I only attribute to culture the things I actually attributed to culture." And it was clear in my previous post that those things were "standard prices, standard delivery times, and 100% honesty."

If you don't consider those and what you've been doing here piling on, that's fine. I do, as do others, which is clear from the fact that the post I deleted had been reported by others.

I have no idea why people revel in such negativity.

Chogall, as usuall, you're nuts.

Guys, my only point was that the pile-ons were unhelpful and a waste of time. But I seem to have gotten into one myself. Enjoy the thread.

Last edited:

JensenH

Reaction score

Oh, that question.  I did answer that.  I said "No."  Take a look at my post again.

If you don't consider them piling on, that's fine.  I do, as do others, which is clear from the fact that the post I deleted had been reported by others.

I have no idea why people revel in such negativity

Chogall, as usuall, you're nuts.

Guys, my only point was that the pile-ons were unhelpful and a waste of time.  But I seem to have gotten into one myself.  Enjoy the thread.

So people who expresses their sincere opinions are reveling in negativity? That only praises are allowed on Styfo because anything critical -- even when factual -- are "piling on"?

You cited one -- count it, one -- comment I posted about a less than ideal fit and one comment about a senior member's crabbiness, and that makes me a reveler of negativity who piles it on?

Really?

You admitted in your post that you have been critical of others in the past. Does that make you a reveler of negativity? A piler-on?

Last edited:

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The phrasing implies that the undelivered pants are in some way related to payments/lack of payments. My reading is that snikta made every payment requested by Ambrosi and that he has paid in full for the pants received to date.

exactly, and the last two pairs he received have fit/construction issues, so...

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T4 and DWW's posts seemed to assert that. There definitely is a conflict regarding that, whether the pants were remade or replaced and whether they were shipped or hand delivered. I didn't see anything conclusive about that in the emails or texts Snikta posted. So we just have contrasting posts from two sides, so far at least. Is that not so?

I thought that was a rhetorical question. I have no idea or experience with NSM. But I do have experience with delays and exaggerations from others. So when SA told me "two weeks" I knew that he didn't mean two weeks. Was it irritating? Yes. Do I wish he was precise with his language? Yes. But I don't leap to insulting him or those who like his product.

OK. Here are a few:
There is NOTHING ambiguous about these issues. THE PANTS WERE REPAIRED AND HAND DELIVERED. If you are a moderator PLEASE read the posts you comment on more carefully!

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't have a dog in the fight.

The mass-produced refrigerator explanation doesn't work. And even that can have a back order of several months. Custom work is different. Custom and mass-production are not comparable.

The business practice that somebody else explained is great. But, not every artist is good at business. Which leaves the question. Which is more valuable to the customer, business method, or the art?

Last, but not least. Aren't they just pants? There are different systems for drawing patterns. All the systems don't create the same pattern. Which means the lines and curves are laid out different with each system. From my experience some systems are more comfortable than other systems. Fittings only do so much. So the final question is- what do you want to wear, something less comfortable, or more comfortable?

Last edited:

emptym

Reaction score
There is NOTHING ambiguous about these issues. THE PANTS WERE REPAIRED AND HAND DELIVERED. If you are a moderator PLEASE read the posts you comment on more carefully!

I read that post and understood it. But Ambrosi says the pants were replaced and sent, as relayed by T4 and DWW. So we have competing testimony. Which side is telling the truth, I don't think any of us knows for sure. We can assume, believe, speculate, but we don't know. Which is why I think it's not a good idea to pile on either side.

Last edited:

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read that post and understood it. But Ambrosi says the pants were replaced and sent. So we have competing testimony, and which side is telling the truth, I don't think any of us knows for sure. We can assume, believe, speculate, but we don't know. Which is why I think it's not a good idea to pile on either side.
I hear you, but I think the degrees of separation are important to consider: Ambrosi, himself has not posted anything on the issue. People on this forum have tried to relay what they say he has said to them, which is different from hearing from him directly (like we have from Snikta...who also provided very convincing supporting materials...).

I just think the apologies for Ambrosi, in the face of really compelling accounts of negative dealings with him (in addition to the slighting of those making the claims of these negative dealings...), seems odd at best.

I have no doubt that folks are telling the truth when they say things like: "I've never had a problem. He's a great guy!"

I just can't understand why these same folks can't believe that other people's dealings with him MIGHT have gone badly through no fault of their own.

Again, I'm not piling on SA. Like I said, I plan to order pants from him through the Armoury in NYC. But that being said, I'm not looking to be his buddy, or shoot the **** about whatever. I just want him to make some great pants, and in my own judgement (from what I have learned from this tread, in addition to some other personal accounts) the best way to avoid risk is to pay a premium via trunk show service.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't have a dog in the fight.

The mass-produced refrigerator explanation doesn't work. And even that can have a back order of several months. Custom work is different. Custom and mass-production are not comparable.

The business practice that somebody else explained is great. But, not every artist is good at business. Which leaves the question. Which is more valuable to the customer, business method, or the art?

Last, but not least. Aren't they just pants? There are different systems for drawing patterns. All the systems don't create the same pattern. Which means the lines and curves are laid out different with each system. From my experience some systems are more comfortable than other systems. Fittings only do so much. So the final question is- what do you want to wear, something less comfortable, or more comfortable?
Dude, check your lack of obsession! ;-)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member