• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambrosi Napoli

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In regards to buttoned braces versus clip-on, it's really more of a preference.  Salva wouldn't cut a pair of pants different for clip-on vs. button-in.  And as someone that enjoys their pants slightly below their chin, I can attest to the ease and comfort of clip-ons (Although I do wear both).  They are easier to get on and off, offer a wider range of movement, and are usually cut with a double back piece.

I'm persuaded - from now on, I'm going to wear one of these with my bespoke shirts:

http://www.tiesncuffs.com.au/collections/clip-on-ties

It's fast, it's easy, it's quick to get on and off, and you get the perfect knot every time!!

Anyway, with regard to clip-on braces, I suppose that we're just going to have to disagree. I simply fail to understand why someone would go to the trouble and expense of getting a pair of bespoke trousers that cost $1000 or more at full retail, and then wear them with an accessory that looks (to me, at least) as though it came from Men's Wearhouse.

Last edited:

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm persuaded - from now on, I'm going to wear one of these with my bespoke shirts:

It's fast, it's easy, it's quick to get on and off, and you get the perfect knot every time!!

Anyway, with regard to clip-on braces, I suppose that we're just going to have to disagree. I simply fail to understand why someone would go to the trouble and expense of getting a pair of bespoke trousers that cost $1000 or more at full retail, and then wear them with an accessory that looks (to me, at least) as though it came from Men's Wearhouse.

+1.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The clip-on tie doesn't have the ease and comfort of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Tuxedo-T-shirt-hilarious-funny-gag/dp/B0012GR3ME

And then afterwards when you're invited to the afterparty, just easily and comfortably change into this:

http://www.amazon.com/Tuxedo-Tees-After-Party-T-Shirt/dp/B004NP8UN2

chestercopperpot

Reaction score
Good God, this thread is like watching an episode of Frasier.

If you don't like his pants great. If you do like his pants, great.

No one needs to behave childish by mocking others.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Don't think I haven't noticed all the posters pretending ironically to not notice how cool it is to wear something not-cool ironically.

Not at this price and the length of time it takes to receive them...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't think I haven't noticed all the posters pretending ironically to not notice how cool it is to wear something not-cool ironically.
mind blown

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like Jean Paul Gaultier's sailor pants version at least would stay up when taking a p... as it has a separate waistband

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zuhoouk