• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Park Avenue Granite Grey Calf, what do you think?

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're okay, as a secondary pair. Treat them like black shoes (which go with clothing that is black, navy, and gray), but don't wear them in settings where black basically is required.

Dugan

Reaction score
I think they will start to look like raggedy black shoes pretty quickly.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With a little creative polishing on the caps and lacing areas, these can look even better.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would avoid. They look like dirty or waterstained black shoes. I just dont see these looking good in any scenario.

Outlaw 06

Reaction score
I would avoid. They look like dirty or waterstained black shoes. I just dont see these looking good in any scenario.

Agreed. This trendy color was clearly a fail by AE which is probably why the shoes are so heavily discounted right now. I can't think of any standard business suit (Brown, Gray or Navy) that would be complemented by gray shoes. I think the shoes are too dressy for blue jeans too. The shoes simply aren't a deal (at any price) if you can't wear them with anything. I suggest spending a few extra dollars on the classic black version of the Park Avenue dress shoe instead. Black goes with almost everything. If you don't want black then choose another traditional color like Cordovan Burgundy (goes with everything) or Brown.

Last edited:

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The dirty or damaged black shoe thing is a valid perception, but certainly if the suit is non-traditional in styling, the risk of that is less. Changing the laces also could help.

cincydavid

Reaction score
I would say that the only way you could make that shoe work would be to make it VERY obvious that you meant to wear gray shoes, they are not faded or otherwise abused black shoes...how you would do that is a mystery to me. Not AE's best effort...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads