• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Experts: Identify this Strands Look-a-like

ElDave

Reaction score
What are they asking for these and where is the shoe coming from?

I'm not an AE expert but I do own a number of them, and I don't believe that's an AE shoe. If it's labeled AE, I'd guess it's a fake. The lines look VERY off to me (look at the side profile and the proportion of each piece and then compare it to any side profile on the AE website). The curvature of the pieces don't seem right, the cap is shorter like on a Fifth/Park, the medallion is similar to that on the Player/Lombard, the brogueing doesn't look to be as well finished, etc. If they're cordovan, I am assuming it's a fair amount of money, and thus worth faking.

I would absolutely avoid this shoe and seller.

Stylego

Reaction score
E has hundreds of shoe variations for both their own catalog and others (Nordstroms fo example). Many are variations on a theme and have just "minor" differences (different last, slightly different styling cues, etc). If you like the shoe, bid what you are willing to pay.

Poshak Man

Reaction score

Gentlemen,
I need help identifying this particular pair of AEs: (Click to Enlarge)

It looks like Strands, except the medallion is shaped differently. Looks to be shell cordovan from the stamp, but the bottom doesn't say "Shell Cordovan", only has the stamp.​
Stands medallion is different and looks like this:
Any thoughts on the shoe overall?​

Did you win these on ebay? Are the shell cordovan or cordovan color calf?

jaitaras

Reaction score
I second the question on the cordovan. My brains are really telling me that they think it's not shell.

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seller doesn't know the model...

My guess are that these are fakes? I've never seen a shell cordovan stamp on an AE shoe in the middle of the sole, it's usually in front.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ask for the model number that would be marked inside of the shoe. I can have my SA look it up.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No kind of expert but when I was at Nordstroms today I saw a pair of strands in the extra wide size that looked almost identical in side profile. The sole and finish still seem a bit strange. Maybe they were resoled or something. Either way, if you're not sure, just pass on it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics