• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do the under and up too. It's the only way that looks right to my eyes. Maybe because I've been doing it that way my whole life. It has a nice uniform from top to bottom appearance.

I always think this lacing looks amazing as it fills any lacing gaps from other styles but I found it to be a pain to tighten.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walnut 1st Aves today... But, will be slipping into my Shakers before heading out for a game.

mistercindy

Reaction score
I light of no more bourbons, and the fact that the 333 last fits me well, I ordered a pair of Larchmonts in bourbon from the Shoebank. I've wanted them for a while, but the moment they were on clearance my size sold out.

Last edited:

OdusBK

Reaction score
So I had vibram sole guards added to my AE loafers just to see how they would turn out, I had just received them from AE after being recrafted and this is how they look after the cobbler applied the soleguards. (They looked great after being recrafted but the cobbler did a sloppy job. This job was done by B. Nelson)
I'll try to bring them back to see if they are willing to clean the shoes up, if they refuse what should i do to clean them up?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I had vibram sole guards added to my AE loafers just to see how they would turn out, I had just received them from AE after being recrafted and this is how they look after the cobbler applied the soleguards. (They looked great after being recrafted but the cobbler did a sloppy job. This job was done by B. Nelson)
I'll try to bring them back to see if they are willing to clean the shoes up, if they refuse what should i do to clean them up?

If they refuse to clean them up we can send some "problem solvers" over to have them reconsider.....My guess is that they will be very embarrassed by that and fix it without question...I know Nick patrols the shoe care thread on occasion so if they give you an issue at all PM him. Also can you take a pic of the bottom...curious to see which topy you went with

OdusBK

Reaction score
Not sure if you can see the color distinction between the heel and the sole guard but the sole guard is actually a dark shade of brown. (I did not request anything special when dropping them off, I just asked for vibram sole guards)

MitchConner

Reaction score
I'm really confused, maybe you all can help.

I bought a pair of Long Branch boots by Allen Edmonds. We tried every size from 10 to 12, including multiple widths. My feet measure 10.5-11 in length, but closer to 12-13 at the ball of the foot. The 11E feels best in the store, but I found out today after wearing them out for the first day that my right toe starts killing me after walking for 10 minutes or so. The left foot feels fine. Also, I got blisters on my right foot, but I figured that might happen. What gives with the toe? Is the toe box too narrow on one foot only? Too short on one foot?

My only other dress shoes are a pair of JM oxfords also in 11E, which started out feeling ok when I bought them, but now are too big after breaking them in. I've also had Florsheims in 10.5 wide, but they were more of a sneaker with dressier shells.

In case it helps, my sneaker size is 12EE.

I'm thinking of going to an AE store tomorrow, but I'm not sure what they can do, or if they'll do anything since they've been worn outside, however briefly.

AliMurtaza

Reaction score
Question for the First Avenue boot owners. Did you go with your regular brannock size on First Avenue or 1/2 size down? My size is 10.5 B. Got the boots. Fits nicely on my larger foot but slightly roomy with heel slippage on my small foot. Thinking of trying 10 B or will it be small? Tried 10 D in the store and it was too roomy in the heel area.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question for the First Avenue boot owners. Did you go with your regular brannock size on First Avenue or 1/2 size down? My size is 10.5 B. Got the boots. Fits nicely on my larger foot but slightly roomy with heel slippage on my small foot. Thinking of trying 10 B or will it be small? Tried 10 D in the store and it was too roomy in the heel area.

I'm between 9-9.5 D on brannock and I went with 9D (which is my 5-last size also).

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Moved you post over here @MitchConner so the AE fanboys can help you out.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm really confused, maybe you all can help.

I bought a pair of Long Branch boots by Allen Edmonds. We tried every size from 10 to 12, including multiple widths. My feet measure 10.5-11 in length, but closer to 12-13 at the ball of the foot. The 11E feels best in the store, but I found out today after wearing them out for the first day that my right toe starts killing me after walking for 10 minutes or so. The left foot feels fine. Also, I got blisters on my right foot, but I figured that might happen. What gives with the toe? Is the toe box too narrow on one foot only? Too short on one foot?

My only other dress shoes are a pair of JM oxfords also in 11E, which started out feeling ok when I bought them, but now are too big after breaking them in. I've also had Florsheims in 10.5 wide, but they were more of a sneaker with dressier shells.

In case it helps, my sneaker size is 12EE.

I'm thinking of going to an AE store tomorrow, but I'm not sure what they can do, or if they'll do anything since they've been worn outside, however briefly.

MC, definitely head to the store. While some of us may snipe at AE quality control from time to time, it's hard to find issue with their customer service. If they helped size you and sold to you, I would be flabbergasted if they didn't help make it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads