• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know not everybody is a loafer fan, but I chose the Jermyn today.

Chris
From one huge loafer fan - they look great.

The Jermyn & Manchester were unique - there is currently nothing else quite like them. Wish they'd bring them back but maybe with a redesign so they didn't fit so unbelievably narrow.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks - if I can snag an overloard really cheap I plan to have a lug sole put on it - I have no hope of them coming out with a B34 lasted shoe again but the Overloard as a blucher or bal on the b34 with a lug sole would be really a killer shoe for me when I don't want to wear boots

Absolutely agree with the comment....but the overlord is on the 201, not the B34 I thought

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have to ask - why did you get these - price you just couldn't resist?  Reason I'm asking is because anything that is constructed like the Firenze (Fiesole, Brindisi, Positano, etc.) run very long and very generous in width, and the Verona/Arezzo, etc. also run quite large, so you basically went with the smallest possible option. 

Thanks for the response. I got them because 1) they're stunning (don't you think?); 2) the price was incredible: Shoe Bank had them for 130; 3) why not?

You said you have them. Are you happy with them? Are they serving you well? If you've had them for some time, how about a pic so I can see how they wear...

Thanks a lot!

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks - if I can snag an overloard really cheap I plan to have a lug sole put on it - I have no hope of them coming out with a B34 lasted shoe again but the Overloard as a blucher or bal on the b34 with a lug sole would be really a killer shoe for me when I don't want to wear boots

Absolutely agree with the comment....but the overlord is on the 201, not the B34 I thought

It is the 201...was just wishful thinking for the b34

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Buster Brown Speaking of suede just picked up a captoe carmina boot in polo suede...stumbled on it by accident. Hopefully it fits...had no interest in another brown suede boot but this one had looked really noce.

velvel87

Reaction score
Picked up a pair of new Ashton's on eBay because I really want the comfort, but something seems off with the leather on the shoes. I also have another new pair of Ashtons in a different size that I picked up from a Nordstrom Rack and the difference by the toe cap/throat is visible. The shoe in my size on the left has a visible outline of the leather beneath it. The leather also feels a bit coarse compared to the smoothness of the shoe on the right. What do you think could have caused this? Is it fixable?

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey,

Those of you wearing the Warwick, how do the size compared to others in your rotation?

Thank.

I bought them in 10.5D, and they fit bigger than my 65 and 511 last bals, but more snugly than my 65 last bluchers. Definitely larger than my 10.5D 222 Player's. Fit similar to my 333 Rutledge in 10D. Also similar to the 511 with a generous toe box. I find the buckle slightly difficult to undo while on the foot. If you had a more specific question I could be more precise.

Last edited:

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is the 201...was just wishful thinking for the b34

I got it, sorry. Only reason I mentioned it was because the shoebank actually lists them as being made on the B34, while the main site lists the 201.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shaking things up a bit here with my Shakers. They're the perfect Fall boot in the definitive color (IMO)

velomatt

Reaction score
To follow up on a post I made a week ago, I need to send a special thanks out to James, a store manager at the Boston State Street location.

I had ordered MacNeil and Franciscan from the online store, but found the fit to not quite be there once I received them. I'm in New Hampshire and had to drive through Boston on my way to visit some family this past weekend, so I figured I'd swing by the physical store and see if I could try on some different sizes.

James helped me out big time, found that my foot is shorter and wider than what I've always worn. I have worn a 10.5 or 11 and size E. Being sized by a professional showed I should be in a 9.5EEE.

Anyway, new shoes are on their way because the shop didn't have my size in stock, in fact the MacNeils need to go through production. Still, it was a good experience, he helped me out with the return and I'd definitely throw more business at him in the future.

shoenoobie

Reaction score
To follow up on a post I made a week ago, I need to send a special thanks out to James, a store manager at the Boston State Street location.

I had ordered MacNeil and Franciscan from the online store, but found the fit to not quite be there once I received them. I'm in New Hampshire and had to drive through Boston on my way to visit some family this past weekend, so I figured I'd swing by the physical store and see if I could try on some different sizes.

James helped me out big time, found that my foot is shorter and wider than what I've always worn. I have worn a 10.5 or 11 and size E. Being sized by a professional showed I should be in a 9.5EEE.

Anyway, new shoes are on their way because the shop didn't have my size in stock, in fact the MacNeils need to go through production. Still, it was a good experience, he helped me out with the return and I'd definitely throw more business at him in the future.
Similar to my story. But I was sized as 10.5D but later resized as 9.5EEE.

Odradek

Reaction score
Got an e-mail from Allen Edmonds to tell me that Daltons are now available with a Dainite sole.... Yay !
Went to check it out and found the Dainite Daltons are not available in Oxblood.... Boo !

Seriously, what's up with that?
Why not oxblood?
It's the best colour for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads