• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
How to these photos look to you guys? I'm selling these on eBay, but I'm still pretty new at photographing shoes. I don't have any burgundy or neutral polish, so I just cleaned these with Allen Edmonds's cleaner/conditioner.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How to these photos look to you guys? I'm selling these on eBay, but I'm still pretty new at photographing shoes. I don't have any burgundy or neutral polish, so I just cleaned these with Allen Edmonds's cleaner/conditioner. .
The pictures look OK. I would suggest a picture showing the soles, the footbed (at least the heel area inside shoe), and maybe a close-up showing the size and style number info.

jubu

Reaction score
Cordovan Shell Westchesters just came in the mail today...can't find any reasons on first inspection as to why they are "seconds," so I
m very pleased about that...can't wait to hit them with the Mac Method and get these guys shining!

The fit is fairly TTS...maybe ever so slightly on the wide side. Debating on whether my left foot needs a tongue pad or just needs to be broken in to avoid the heel slippage...

Very pleased!

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After what seemed like an eternity (8 days actually), my brown burnished Leeds arrived this evening.
The dark brown combined with the simple design really looks good. I tried them on and they fit well -- although they are not as "snug" as I expected.
I think I'm going to wear them tomorrow.

HealthActuary

Reaction score
Use AE waterproofer on suede belt? Yes or no?

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Use AE waterproofer on suede belt?  Yes or no?

Personally I would not. First - you risk any residue getting on your pants and / or shirt. Second - the belt is probably not going to see any water.

Just my .02

Chris

Last edited:

spitshine123

Reaction score
Slowly building up my shell collection during these sales. My humble count is up to 4. I hope to add a pair or 2 more in a lighter walnut/whiskey shade and I'll be good. The Dundees are my latest acquisition.

2473c14c1349dfe147b56cbb08b57c08.jpg

shoenoobie

Reaction score

I am not even that picky, but do you guys agree that the upper is shifted to the right a bit too much? It looks to be off center. This is the second pair with this issue to the left pair. URG!

The broguing seems not tight neither.. It's too.. fat (?) - lack of better term.

Having another issue with Strand with tiger striping on left pair and the right pair's tongue mis-stitched and thus "popping out"

Took shipment of new shoes in today and most of them are very disappointing. Craftsmanship is certainly extremely poor this time around.

Last edited:

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am not even that picky, but do you guys agree that the upper is shifted to the right a bit too much? It looks to be off center. This is the second pair with this issue to the left pair. URG!

The broguing seems not tight neither.. It's too.. fat (?) - lack of better term.

Having another issue with Strand with tiger striping on left pair and the right pair's tongue mis-stitched and thus "popping out"

Took shipment of new shoes in today and most of them are very disappointing. Craftsmanship is certainly extremely poor this time around.

What width are they?

HealthActuary

Reaction score
Personally I would not. First - you risk any residue getting on your pants and / or shirt. Second - the belt is probably not going to see any water.

Just my .02

Chris

Do you expect the belt to get wet?

fair points.

The likelihood of the belt getting wet is slim, although it may occur.

hohneokc is right though that the residue may get on clothing which alone sways me to not waterproof.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How to these photos look to you guys? I'm selling these on eBay, but I'm still pretty new at photographing shoes. I don't have any burgundy or neutral polish, so I just cleaned these with Allen Edmonds's cleaner/conditioner.
hey man, the conditioner cleaner is not recommended for cordovan. They look cloudy to me. Try to buff that stuff off with a damp rag and horsehair brush. Once you've gotten that haze off, then you can use a shining product like VSC, Saphir cordovan cream, or AE burgundy cordovan creme. Bush until desired shine. :)
Haha! Those are clearly calf leather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads