• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:Returns are definitely subtracted from the SA's sales and yes it is deducted from their commissions. (Per an SA)

I can attest to that as well. I returned a pair after the SA left the store/brand and they were figuring out who to assign the return to for the commission purpose. I stood there while they talked about it.

FaRKle

Reaction score
I think that for some of the larger sales the commission is split between the sales staff. During the last tent sale I noticed that instead of the SA's name on the receipt it only said "tent". I don't recall exactly, but I remember asking about that and was told that since they were so busy and doing so much business that it didn't matter who I ordered from and the commission was just going to be split among them.

Last edited:

rostov

Reaction score
"They are so choice. If you have the means I highly recommend picking one up."

I have the cognac LWB on the Detroit last. They say Detroit is UK EE. I got mine in UK 9.5 and it seems to translate well to my AE 10.5E in most lasts, including the 1 and the 7.

Wish I had a pic of them. Instead I'll offer another LWB, MacNeil (1.0) in the discontinued walnut grain. Sorry for the dim early morning light.

I'm a 10.5 3E on AE. I've been fitted at 10.5 UK on the Carmina Rain. Anyway, it's off topic for this thread ;-) I too have a MacNeil (burgundy cordovan). I'll thinking a PTB or Double Monk in something neither black nor burgundy/#8. Meanwhile, I'll contemplate keeping those Leeds :-/

suitntieguy

Reaction score

I'm a 10.5 3E on AE. I've been fitted at 10.5 UK on the Carmina Rain. Anyway, it's off topic for this thread ;-)  I too have a MacNeil (burgundy cordovan). I'll thinking a PTB or Double Monk in something neither black nor burgundy/#8. Meanwhile, I'll contemplate keeping those Leeds :-/

How does the 10.5 rain fit? I am 10.5 eee in AE

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Experts,

Does that wingtip stitching look off? (right shoe, left in pic)..Debating picking these up

Thanks!

Pull the trigger. I stared for 2 minutes and saw nothing. There is certainly nothing that would appear at a glance.

rskula

Reaction score
You are now chatting with 'Megan'
Megan: Hello. How may I assist you?
Robert Skula: I just noticed the Cordovan options are not available on the website for purchase. Is this going to be permanent?
Megan: No, this is just for the time being with the sale. They will be added back to the site when the sale is over

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
Walnut Daltons today, leaving the RDA sale ;)

Got a couple new things on the way (Snuff Suede Dundee 2.0's and Oxblood Daltons on Dainite)!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You had me at first... I was like "damn, I could go for some truffle shell", then I saw the "Just kidding" part
baldy%5B1%5D.gif

Caffeine hasn't kicked in yet. lol

I would actually love a Patriot of some type of loafer in truffle shell. Technically the Bayfield is Cappuccino but from what I understand they had a wide spectrum of color variation for the one color that they actually decided to give them two names. I am planning on making these Bayfields a go to this winter. Picked up some Woly Waterstop to try on them since Alden Leather defender was harder to find in Canada.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Walnut Daltons today, leaving the RDA sale ;) Got a couple new things on the way (Snuff Suede Dundee 2.0's and Oxblood Daltons on Dainite)!
Is oxblood Dalton on Dainite a custom make up? The website doesn't show Dainite as an available option.

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
Is oxblood Dalton on Dainite a custom make up? The website doesn't show Dainite as an available option.

Yes... It was on the site for a couple of days when they first announced the new Dainite options, but when the sale dropped I noticed it was missing. My SA called in, and it doesn't exist as an order-able SKU so we'll need to do it custom. All good, I think it will be worth it.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God damn Truffle McAllisters. Serious non buyers remorse here.

Looking great, Burzan.

You're right about the color variation in truffle. I tried on a pair of truffle Dundees (that didn't fit) that were lighter than most walnut shell I've seen.

Last edited:

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the make-up on that wingtip? Mighty fine looking shoe.

Truffle cordovan McAllister. Webgem from 2012 I believe. I came across them on the shoebank website last year, they have a bit of a nasty imperfection on the outside of one shoe but it's out of site out of mind for me, kind of a leather fold almost and a bit darker in color. I think I picked them up for $299 (maybe $350) along with a pair of brown shell Strands during one of the last times we saw shell prices that low.

God damn Truffle McAllisters. Serious non buyers remorse here.

Looking great, Burzan.

You're right about the color variation in truffle. I tried on a pair of truffle Dundees (that didn't fit) that were lighter than most walnut shell I've seen.

yea they are quite the shoe and I have been buying more dress trousers so they should finally start hitting the rotation more often. One of my only pairs of AE shell that blooms and is as smooth as glass, the wheeled welt is a nice touch on them too.

Last edited:

RLeslieS

Reaction score
^
With shoes that great at that price, flaws can be overlooked. Thanks for posting more shots. I'm a Mcallister fanatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads