• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HealthActuary

Reaction score
Do AE sales associates and/or store managers make commission off sales?

A sales associate put an item on hold for me and if they make commission then I want to go in on a day he/she is working so he/she gets commission off my sale.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see AE discontinuing shell. They sell more pairs than any other maker, and have been offering the leather ever since their first days as a company.

tb43

Reaction score
Not exactly sure to what you are referring. They appear to be a little different, but not sure I would say "off." Unless I was paying in the $500 range, nothing about the stitching I see would bother me. I say, if they feel good, pick em up.

Thanks..they would be 600 so I think they don't look good enough for the price. The very tip of the wing looks like it is popping up, but maybe thats just because I want a perfect pair as they will get heavy use. Will probably go for the strand instead.

redmusic1

Reaction score
Thanks..they would be 600 so I think they don't look good enough for the price. The very tip of the wing looks like it is popping up, but maybe thats just because I want a perfect pair as they will get heavy use. Will probably go for the strand instead.

I say at $600, I would definitely have to see them in person and put them on. But if you want perfect, you want perfect. Are these someone else's pics or did you see them in person?

RLeslieS

Reaction score
I don't see AE discontinuing shell. They sell more pairs than any other maker, and have been offering the leather ever since their first days as a company.
----------------

Maybe the shell was pulled off the site for the duration of the RDA Sale because no discount was being offered. I'm hoping that's all it is.

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard they are getting ready to roll out Walnut, Truffle and Indigo shell and they want them to stand out.

Just kidding of course...I have no idea while they are gone.

You had me at first... I was like "damn, I could go for some truffle shell", then I saw the "Just kidding" part
baldy[1].gif

Caffeine hasn't kicked in yet. lol

rostov

Reaction score
I heard they are getting ready to roll out Walnut, Truffle and Indigo shell and they want them to stand out.

Just kidding of course...I have no idea while they are gone.

I must say, despite this being a joke, buyer's remorse is already kicking in! Seriously contemplating a return of my incoming Burgundy shell Leeds and just buying Carmina so I can escape the trap of more burgundy/#8. Oxblood Eagle Rivers, Merlot Patriots, Burgundy shell Kenwoods and MacNeils... and a Leeds? Starting to hear Carmina's cognac shell calling my name.

cold[1].gif

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must say, despite this being a joke, buyer's remorse is already kicking in! Seriously contemplating a return of my incoming Burgundy shell Leeds and just buying Carmina so I can escape the trap of more burgundy/#8. Oxblood Eagle Rivers, Merlot Patriots, Burgundy shell Kenwoods and MacNeils... and a Leeds? Starting to hear Carmina's cognac shell calling my name.

cold%5B1%5D.gif

Do it...Carmina prices are going up for US customers very soon.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads