• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First outing of my Oxblood First Aves on a rainy Thursday:

I've given them zero break in, and they fit perfectly. I think this is my ideal AE last.

Those look great! Love the various levels of black and cherry. I'm guessing these were in place of a previous Eagle GMTO? If so, hopefully they make up for the hassle and wait time.

LeviMay

Reaction score

Those look great! Love the various levels of black and cherry. I'm guessing these were in place of a previous Eagle GMTO? If so, hopefully they make up for the hassle and wait time.

Correct, and yes, I love them!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My picture did make them look slightly Dalton-esque. In terms of them looking good, thanks! Though... I think you may have been slightly mesmerized by the 1930's bathroom tile.

Yup, they are the LGA (road warriors collection). 

For those keeping score at home, the fit is more snug than my 65 size. I realize now I probably should have moved from D to E width. I like how light the shoes are and the wing pattern isn't bad - but other than that, I am not super crazy about them. They will make good airport/travel shoes. I still have some reservations about the quality of the leather. My biggest complaint after wearing them a handful of times is the soles have started to develop a greyish color. This makes it pretty obvious that you are wearing rubber soled shoes.

Hehe, mayhaps my eyes were fooled. Kinda looked like a players to me, but wrong last.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im going to call this Throwback Thursday. Bourbon Sanfords from the late 1990's.

Chris

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HOW old are those shoes, Chris???? They're barely creased!!!!

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

HOW old are those shoes, Chris???? They're barely creased!!!!

About 15 years old. But I will admit I have about 40 pairs of AEs so most of my shoes don't get a lot of wear and tear. And AE cleaner / conditioner and polish keep them looking good.

Chris

Last edited:

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Three unrelated comments...

First, I am wearing my new walnut Jeffersons from the sale. Killer deal for $200. Very pleased with these shoes.

Second, I'd like to give a PSA that there seems to be a new AE policy that ShoeBank purchases that are returned to a regular retail store will incur a $10 restocking fee. I suspect that if you have a retail relationship with the store that perhaps the fee will be waived. This was told to me by my local store's manager. It was also told to me by a rep that I spoke with at the main customer service center.

Finally, can anyone give some guidance about sizing on the 333 last? I measure a 10D on the brannock device and have a high-ish instep. I wear a 10D in both the 65 last and the 108 last. Both lasts are comfortable for me but feel a hair long (mainly the 65 last). I previously tried a 333 in size 10E and found them to be even a shade longer than 65 last to the point that I returned them (nevermind the width, I've dropped some lbs since that time). Anyway, I'm thinking the 9.5D should be the right size? Or maybe the 10D?

khe86

Reaction score
Please see attached photos of Allen Edmonds mora, purchased from the shoebank. Is this normal creasing? I have never seen it crease past the cap before

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please see attached photos of Allen Edmonds mora, purchased from the shoebank. Is this normal creasing? I have never seen it crease past the cap before

I believe the Mora is pretty notorious for the toe cap creasing along with the Eagle County boot

khe86

Reaction score

I believe the Mora is pretty notorious for the toe cap creasing along with the Eagle County boot

Thanks. Allen Edmonds rep over email said this is normal creasing but did offer a return if I wanted.

RLeslieS

Reaction score
Finally, can anyone give some guidance about sizing on the 333 last? I measure a 10D on the brannock device and have a high-ish instep. I wear a 10D in both the 65 last and the 108 last. Both lasts are comfortable for me but feel a hair long (mainly the 65 last). I previously tried a 333 in size 10E and found them to be even a shade longer than 65 last to the point that I returned them (nevermind the width, I've dropped some lbs since that time). Anyway, I'm thinking the 9.5D should be the right size? Or maybe the 10D?

------------------------------------------------

I find the 333 last to be VERY long. It feels at least one-half size larger than the 65 and 108 lasts (which feel about the same to me). I suggest trying a 9.5D.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

Thank you! I appreciate the input. AE Rutledge on the way in 9.5D.... I do agree that the 65 and 108 are comparable. There are some differences in fit between those two lasts and I do feel like the 65 is a shade longer though not enough to change sizes, at least for my foot.

I have now vastly updated my rotation in the last couple of months adding Walnut Jefferson, Burgundy Clifton, Chili Delray, Merlot Park Ave, and now (assuming fit is good) the Walnut Rutledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads