• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

garland

Reaction score
Found one in my size, too. Is it still made on the 65 last?

...thats actually a good question. It looks like the last was changed to the 201 last, but I'm not sure if they produced any shoes on the 65 last or not, seeing as the change was fairly recent.

esk8mw

Reaction score
How much were the brief cases ? I can't buy one but just for my piece of mind...maybe next one? I didn't see it on the shoebank site were they store only ?
I posted it a couple pages back, but I got a Walnut Strand Slim and a Walnut Strand Messenger for $147 each and a black Park Ave Slim for $69.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I posted it a couple pages back, but I got a Walnut Strand Slim and a Walnut Strand Messenger for $147 each and a black Park Ave Slim for $69. 

Yea I must have missed it. Lots of posts in this thread. Was it an in store purchase ?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite loafer dugg out for summer..Addison. Still pissed I did not mto something in this leather

angelescrest

Reaction score
Help please before I go broke...I just discovered AE shoes--I walked into their store a week ago and was blown away (I've never bought a high quality dress shoe). And in one week I've already just ordered my third pair.

Walnut Strands, Strandmok Suedes, and Gobi in Tan Saddle. The latter I'm hoping I made a good choice over the snuff suede and navy, it was a hard choice. I love suede, but Tan Saddle seemed like it would work with more outfits.

Since discovering great shoes, how the hell did you stop the addiction?

CaptFinny

Reaction score
Bags are not on the website - need to call an outlet location and talk to someone - or go to the actual outlet store and see what they have in stock. I got the sense the stock was pretty thin but who knows.

As for Daltons, I have the Bourbon and really like them. I would get those or one of the "red" tones - merlot, oxblood, dark chili etc.

Do bags and briefcases normally go on sale at the outlets? I only ask because the Park Ave Slim looks like a killer deal, but I really want the Park Ave Flap Briefcase. Just curious if it might go on sale again later. I doubt I'll ever make it to an outlet store to see these beauties in person.

CaptFinny

Reaction score
Please! This is the one I have my eye on, and I need someone to rescue my wallet.

Sorry man, she would divorce me. I am already in trouble for grabbing some Patriots. She did say I could get the park ave slim briefcase, but that was the end of my fathers day shopping spree.

YoungSweet

Reaction score

Help please before I go broke.

Since discovering great shoes, how the hell did you stop the addiction? 

There's no cure, maybe amputation may do the trick.

Definitely stay away from this thread, these sale come up very often and can be tempting.

All seriousness, just make sure you cover the basics, realize what you need vs want. Many of us, me included, get carried away and get more shoes than we can wear in a life time. At the end of the day, they are just shoes. If you have other priorities in your life, make sure you take care of them first.

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hard to tell much from the listing. The catalog number is different than the others and no picture or description.

Firefox

Reaction score
I haven't been keeping up on the latest AE shoes, but when I was in a store the other day, I saw some that I don't think I've seen before.

My favourite AE shoe (and the one that gets the most wear) are my Chili Delrays. I work in a business-casual environment, and I find they are very versatile. They work with dress pants and a button-down shirt, or jeans and a polo shirt on casual Fridays. I can even get by wearing them with a mid-grey suit (although I typically wear different shoes with a suit). I really would like to get another pair of AE one of these days, but would want something equally versatile (and not too dressy). Part of me thinks that maybe I should just get another pair of Delrays in a different colour. Any opinions?

Last edited:

Buster Brown

Reaction score

I haven't been keeping up on the latest AE shoes, but when I was in a store the other day, I saw some that I don't think I've seen before.

My favourite AE shoe (and the one that gets the most wear) are my Chili Delrays. I work in a business-casual environment, and I find they are very versatile. They work with dress pants and a button-down shirt, or jeans and a polo shirt on casual Fridays. I can even get by wearing them with a mid-grey suit (although I typically wear different shoes with a suit). I really would like to get another pair of AE one of these days, but would want something equally versatile (and not too dressy). Part of me thinks that maybe I should just get another pair of Delrays in a different colour. Any opinions? 

Chili Delrays were my first pair of AEs and still the ones I reach for most often. I've bought several AEs since then and nothing has proven quite so versatile. The closest might be my Bleecker Streets (in Bob's Chili). Let us know what you come up with!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have heard some be critical of buying the same shoe in two different colors. Reading this forum, however, would certainly argue otherwise. There was a SF member a few pages back in this same thread who had 6 pairs of boots and was buying his seventh pair, all in some shade of brown! From a practical perspective, some people, like me, are hard to fit and we tend to purchase several colors of the same shoe. I would say that unless there is pressing reason NOT to have the a second color, it is perfectly fine, despite what some others might say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members