• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGY1atTMW

Reaction score
When sorting by price (from low to high) on the Shoe Bank website, is there any significance to the shoes listed at the end without pictures?

I guess some of the models really are just missing pictures. But I also saw a pair of Randolph listed for $147 at the bottom without pictures and at the same time saw the Randolph listed for $299 above with pictures. Does anyone know if there's a meaning behind this? Failed MTO maybe?

Chili GRAIN $147 I'd speculate...as opposed to 'regular' Chili @ $299..

But why speculate? - if ur interested, just call em up and ask, can't hurt

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was wondering about those non-BB at the end without pictures also. I bought two of those - Kiowa brown grain and Merlot Grayson. Both were in really good shape. My guess is discontinued colors and there are so few left that they don't think the pictures are worth it.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: For the Canadians here...

Club Monaco Canada site has a 20-30% off sale going on this weekend that also applies to their AE shell shoes with some sizes still available.

I believe same sale is happening on the US site as well, but sizes appear to be limited.

Last edited:

misterellington

Reaction score
What were the AEs going for at Burlington again?

They're going for between $99 and $139 here in NYC. Here's what I saw today at the Atlantic Center Store yesterday afternoon...

Two Size 14D Independence Collections “Adams” loafers
Two Tan Grayson loafers, one 8.5D and one 13 EEE
Three or four Schautals (The snuff suede MacNeil variant) ranging from 11D through 13D.

Then a couple of other ass-kickers:
One Very patriotic-looking white and blue with red accents pair of spectator Hamptons in a 9.5 D
Annnnndd...
A pair of rare, obviously deadstocked burnished dark brown Jodox' from the 90th Anniversary Collection (circa late 2012-early 2013 featuring the “1922-2012” Anniversary interior tag) in 11 EEE.

THESE I snapped the hell up. God, but they fit beautifully!

The rest remain, my fellow New Yorkers. Come to Downtown Brooklyn and git 'em...

Pics following. Damn, but the Jodox' are sweet! :)

Here are those Jodox' by themselves...

And I forgot to take a pic of the ones shown here—via a pic from “Brill” who posted a few pages back. This same model is at The Burlington here in Downtown Brooklyn also—minus the damaged tongue in Brill's pic. The pair here is a 9.5D.

Last edited:

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a Memorial Day sale currently at Shoebank. 15%-30% off current styles. Most shell cordovans are $425, with a few at $399.

There are dark brown shell and bugundy shell Dundees in 12 E for $399. That's pretty sweet!

Last edited:

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: For the Canadians here...

Club Monaco Canada site has a 20-30% off sale going on this weekend that also applies to their AE shell shoes with some sizes still available.

I believe same sale is happening on the US site as well, but sizes appear to be limited.

I saw this as well but the shell macneil wasn't available online in my size. So I called their customer service and surprisingly they located the macneil in my size at a NY store and I placed the order by directly calling the store.
May be worth a try..

gatszu

Reaction score
Wolverine 1000 mile Russet Krause by AE. Beautiful Sun Diego

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a pair of Wolverine 721 in size 13 they want to sell me?

Odradek

Reaction score
This maybe a very basic question, but what last was the Shaker Heights made on?
Since the model has been discontinued, I can't find out on the AE website.

Also, if I wear the MacNeil and the Shelton in a size 8.5D, would that be a good bet for the Shaker Heights?
I'm in Europe so can't get to try them on in person before buying, but I might fancy the Brooks version of the Shaker Heights.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This maybe a very basic question, but what last was the Shaker Heights made on?
Since the model has been discontinued, I can't find out on the AE website.

Also, if I wear the MacNeil and the Shelton in a size 8.5D, would that be a good bet for the Shaker Heights?
I'm in Europe so can't get to try them on in person before buying, but I might fancy the Brooks version of the Shaker Heights.

73 last. Fits wide and short compared to strand. I would say try the same size as your Sheltons and MacNeils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads