• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have it from good authority that shell seconds will be $399 for the Memorial Day sale in outlets starting May 11.

Shoebank shows the Cambridge in the special order size I need. I wonder if I should roll the dice and wait for a better sale.

garland

Reaction score
Shoebank shows the Cambridge in the special order size I need. I wonder if I should roll the dice and wait for a better sale.

I doubt that cordovan seconds will ever go lower than this. Probably a good time to jump on it.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's what I hate most about the 97 loafers - no matter how tight the toe box is up front, the heel is still super large, which is why going to an E ruined the fit for me. Cc808324 - you found the toe box ok on the D width? You must really be on the narrow side. Might be worth looking into the 222 last.

I could even go narrower probably. For reference, have the Sanford in B width, and they are fine. Haven't tried much in the 222 last, and the Norwich that I got is very narrow in the toe box, even in D width. To the point that I have to either try stretching them or sell.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

they are showing $499 for me.  i've never seen them higher than that.

Talking about the $399 sale starting May 11. And the special makeup shells that are going for $349-399.

iamelroberto

Reaction score
Not feeling terribly impressed by this company lately. A recent pair of Dalton firsts with crooked lacing, various posts regarding questionable quality control on recrafting. And most recently a ridiculous restriction on delivery that someone has to be there to sign. There's not even a delivery window with fed ex and fed ex won't even hold it at a location due to restrictions by AE. How do they expect people to simply be home for a delivery at all times. I had to make a phone call to AE to lift the restriction but why is this even necessary. Frustrated.

DGY1atTMW

Reaction score
Not feeling terribly impressed by this company lately. A recent pair of Dalton firsts with crooked lacing, various posts regarding questionable quality control on recrafting. And most recently a ridiculous restriction on delivery that someone has to be there to sign. There's not even a delivery window with fed ex and fed ex won't even hold it at a location due to restrictions by AE. How do they expect people to simply be home for a delivery at all times. I had to make a phone call to AE to lift the restriction but why is this even necessary. Frustrated.

Got a better one for ya then...how bout ordering to Canada, where since goods are Made In USA they should be Duty-Free courtesy of NAFTA...first delivery = no duties, every one since comes with a bill from FedEx, and AE customer service keeps saying "we don't know why"...

BUT...they deduct the value of my Duty paid from the next order - every time - so $$$-wise I actually come out ahead via the value of Exchange...

Moral is: If for whatever reason you are not happy with the overall company/product, then by all means, leave it...but if your issues are specific (and you're whole FedEx delivery thing would annoy the f---ing hell out of me for sure), then TELL THEM, and give them a chance to make it right TO YOUR SATISFACTION. Man, if I told you some of the shite I've done/given away for free to keep a customer's loyalty, you'd be amazed. But when I company TRULY wants to have you're business, let them know what it will take to earn it - you'd be surprised what they're willing to do to make you happy
nod[1].gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads