• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I agree with you that CS is not a substitute for QC. However, the large number of seconds has created a marketplace for the outlets. Basically AE has created an entry level line for consumers who would perhaps find the $385 price unreachable but $249 and below in their budget. By getting them comfortable with the product at a lower price, those purchasers may eventually move up to retail, or at least 1st quality buyers. Imagine what would happen if AE fixed their manufacturing to a 1% exception rate. The shoebank would disappear, the outlets would disappear and they would need to create an entirely new entry level line if they wanted to retain their 2nds customer. And that is not to say that a new line would be a successfull strategy. 2nds represent "value" to a lot of buyers. I am not saying that they are doing this on purpose, but I'll bet they sell a hell of a lot more shoes the way things are now than if they fixed their qc issues and stopped selling 2nds.

Rubik1014

Reaction score
Hello all,

I walked into the nearest store and I came along the Shreveport woven lace-up and fell in love. However, size 7 shoes are hard to come by and I always try on shoes before I buy. Can anyone tell me how they fit? They seem narrow and not long like a Magnanni but I would like input before I order online for the sale.

You will love them.

I wear the same size as my Strands and Park Avenues, but they feel awesome because of the woven sides.

I have both black and walnut.

RedLeg

Reaction score
Does the Shoebank still run 2 for $250 sales? Used to get these a couple times a year, but it's been the longest time since I've seen an email for one

RitchieBro

Reaction score

PSA

Brown Shell Strands on Shoebank this morning in 11.5 D.

Not any more
1f61c.png

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does the Shoebank still run 2 for $250 sales? Used to get these a couple times a year, but it's been the longest time since I've seen an email for one

Long gone, I'm afraid.

Wooderson

Reaction score
Anyone have sizing advice on the Snuff Suede Singleton loafer for Ralph Lauren? I read somewhere that it is on the 2 last, but I am not very familiar with it. I'm usually a TTS 8.5D. I plan to wear sockless or with thin no show socks. Do you think 8D would work for me? Thanks in advance for any help.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I have a slightly low volume foot and found I had to size down. If you have a high volume foot or a high instep, you may want to go TTS. YMMV.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have sizing advice on the Snuff Suede Singleton loafer for Ralph Lauren? I read somewhere that it is on the 2 last, but I am not very familiar with it. I'm usually a TTS 8.5D. I plan to wear sockless or with thin no show socks. Do you think 8D would work for me? Thanks in advance for any help.
2 last is narrow, but I find TTS works.

I'm looking for a pair of those in 9D myself...

Wooderson

Reaction score
I would say I have a low volume foot. I hope 8D works, I found them on the Ralph Lauren website for $169. I believe there is still a 12D available if anyone is interested. If they don't work out, I'll just send them back. It seemed to be worth a shot to me. I love the look of them.

Thank you both for your help!

NJ Guy

Reaction score
I ended up getting a pair of Cole Haan wingtips. I like them, they just need to be broken in some.

danwatts2005

Reaction score
Visited the LaSalle St. Chicago store today to do some color comparisons. It's amazing how much it helps to see them in person. Was looking for a Merlot McA, but wound up going with the Dark Chili. Came back to the office to order, so I can avoid sales tax (ship to Indiana). If I get another shoe during the sale, it will be the Shreveport.

The_International

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

While placing an order at the Riverhead outlet yesterday, I inquired as to the availability of certain RL-branded shoes, namely the RL Singleton loafer. I was informed that there was no record of seconds in this shoe, in any size. The SA opined that AE may have sold them all off. Can anyone verify this information? The RL Singleton is a great shoe, even better when they can be had at seconds pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads