• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mry8s

Reaction score
Was digging through old photos and ran across the time I tried on a McTavish at Nordstrom. I can't remember for the life of me what is on my right foot! This was April 2013.

Maybe an Aberdeen? Can't see the sole and I just don't remember. Kind of wish I had bought them and not the McT's that I later returned.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you go green then I would double down on my chocolate recommendation (assuming shell is out of the budget). Depending on the shade of green, pairing it with oxblood may add a splash of Christmas to the look that you probably don't want in a June wedding. Do a Google image search on the chocolates to find some pics out in the wild. I think you'll like what you see.

katch

Reaction score

Owned a pair in whiskey cordovan briefly, sold them as they were a bit too roomy for my liking. They were and 8.5D and that size works for me in the 1 last and 5 last but I think sizing down to an 8D or maybe 8.5C would have been best in the 7 last for me. Overall just too much room. I also had 2 pairs of Macneils in 8.5D that I sold off as well. Brannock size is just over an 8 for me.
Ugh was hoping that my 10.5C in the 5 last would equate to an 11D in the 7 + insole. Oh well.

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would you wonderful people be willing to help me out in selecting the right color of AE Daltons to go with, chiefly, a suit I've purchased for my wedding?

He could always go burgundy shell 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Would be my advice as well. It's pretty much impossible to go wrong with burgundy shell.

Did somebody say burgundy shell Daltons...?

I wore these last week in the rain and they got all gritty. This is after five minutes of loving with a damp towel, some VSC, a brush, and a flannel polishing cloth. They still need a bit of edge dressing. Goddamn I love shell cordovan:

AndyC

Reaction score
Did somebody say burgundy shell Daltons...?

Figured I'd throw mine up here since we're talking burgundy shell Daltons today. Surprise rain shower when I was out at lunch, so they got a little spotted. Shown here with Epaulet Prince of Wales Walts I recently picked up from another forum member.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown shell strands on the subway this am:

ELwxSyJ.jpg

Same for me today, except on the office carpet. Not sure were you are, but the subways here in NYC are filthy. Yours look quite well kept.

Probably get the best glow on these out of all my AE shells.

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was digging through old photos and ran across the time I tried on a McTavish at Nordstrom. I can't remember for the life of me what is on my right foot! This was April 2013.

Maybe an Aberdeen? Can't see the sole and I just don't remember. Kind of wish I had bought them and not the McT's that I later returned.

I think that's Aberdeen based on exposed eyelets, blucher lacing and rough leather. Looks like split welt as well just like Aberdeen but not really sure without the sole as you said.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same for me today, except on the office carpet. Not sure were you are, but the subways here in NYC are filthy. Yours look quite well kept.
Yeah I read subways, then I looked at the picture, then thought, not in NYC.

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DC. I must have gotten on a good train car, lol. Our cars are carpeted, which is good, except you can't remove chewing gum from carpet. Edit: we are starting to get some new cars that have that MTA-stye linoleum floors!

Last edited:

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DC. I must have gotten on a good train car, lol. Our cars are carpeted, which is good, except you can't remove chewing gum from carpet.
Ah. I'm going to DC this weekend. I'll try to get a shot on one of the subway cars then
fistbump.gif

spitshine123

Reaction score
I've been out of the SF game for a good bit, but took some time with my bottle of Saphir and a few pairs AEs last night. I realized that most of my AEs are of the dark brown brogue persuasion and that I should really get some plaintoes in different colors soon. Does anybody have the details for the upcoming April sale (I apologize if it has been posted already, I've been out of the loop for a while!). Also, how does the new 201 last compare to the 5 last?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads